podfish

May 14, 2007
All I've been able to find are the stock spark arrestor/silencers with the center cores pulled out. I guess that was the hot setup 20 yrs ago - but every silencer I find for sale is missing the core. I'd like to run a D36 enduro later this month, but I doubt I'll pass tech inspection without a better silencer! I found one manufacturer who still sells them: www.dirtoverstock.com has what they call an "enduro silencer" (pn 22-8809) for 86-88 KDX.
Has anyone used one of these successfully? They can't guarantee any particular DB level, since it was designed years ago.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
You should be able to find a DG silencer. It was suppose to be as quiet or quieter than the stock silencer. I bet that will do you right. As a matter of fact, I'm 99% sure i've seen them at dirtoverstock. DG has always made very nice stuff, i'm sure you'd be happy with it!

J.

*edit*

Yup, i'm guessing this is the one you were looking at,
http://dirtoverstock.com/detail.aspx?ID=256
Should be a great unit, and comparable to the stock silencer if not a bit quieter. I have seen a few of these pop up used on ebay as well, so you may want to check there.

NCFRC

Jul 23, 2007
I have a stock silencer off a 2006 KDX-200 if your interested .
Completely stock.
Not sure if it will fit the older models

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom