Oct 10, 2000
I've got a wr250f that I race in harescrambles, the bike runs great and handles well for a little thumper.
This weekend I laid the bike down on its side(bike was very hot) I kept it running with the clutch in and giving it gas. I lifted the bike bike up and it started to die, it finally died after about 20 seconds. No big deal right? Well I did the drill, cleaned it out and no fire. Did the drill over and over (10 min) until it lit up.
Know when it did fire up (hot start out) it sputtered and died again. I did not give it any gas, I tried it again and same thing happened. I tried it with hot start in, spit and sputter and she died.

I finally got it to lite up again and I cranked open the throttle (with hot start closed) it spit and sputtered wanting to die for about 30 seconds and then was fine.
This wasted alot of time and has never acted like that before, I,ve laid it down many times in the same kind of conditions and have never had a problem.
Does anyone have any ideas with whats going on with my little WR?

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
You've probably already tried this, but do the basics, clean the filter, replace the gas, replace the plug, clean the carb

Top Bottom