need to refill coolant tank each time

kdxquirk

Jan 21, 2002
I have to refill coolant overflow tank each time I ride. I don't think I have any coolant leaks into the engine, cap & seal are tight, bike doesn't leak water when sitting. Is this normal? Suggestions?

:eek:

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
I think all KDX lose coolant...I havent had any in mine for a year and never lost a drop out of the radiator....thinking of converting it to a gas tank

TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
Do you jump a lot? I do and had coolant coming out the vent tube on my tank. Do a search on overflow tanks or catch tanks. I also found a lot of guys remove them. I just did and went riding in the snow putting a lot of strain on my engine and a little came out the overflow tube that I redirected to come down the frame and under the engine, but the level stayed consistent all day.

TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
Forgot...

I'm also going to turn mine into a spare fuel tank, just need to seal the cap and get some fuel line and filter. I want to be able to just hit another pet**** and have more fuel, and not have to take the tank off, and dump it into my main tank.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Ive heard lots of guys just take them off. I find that if I fill mine up the "full" level mark, it just drops down to the "low" level mark and just stays there after a full day of riding.

kdxquirk

Jan 21, 2002
coolant tanks are useless

thanks for all the responses. I guess I should make the overflow tank into a reserve reserve tank. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Guess I'll go ride hard and not worry about it much.

;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom