mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
With the addition of a FMF Pipe and air box lid removal my air screw adjustment is now about 1/4 out to produce a golden brown spark plug and perform properly. Is this a problem if the bike is running correctly? I am afraid with the weather getting colder in NC I will have to turn it in even further or not be able to. My stock needle valve clip is 2 clips down from the end (lean side), so i should be able to move it to a richer position. How many clip positions should I move down to get the air screw to be about 1 or so turns out? Please help !

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
At a 1/4 turn out I would think you might find it a bit stubborn to light up when cold, since there is not a lot of airflow through the pilot circuit at that point. But if it works, run with it. :confused:

Generally when you run out of adjustment on your airscrew a different pilot jet is the next step. If you try that & its too rich on the bottom, then a single needle clip adjustment is a significant change, and should give you a couple turns or so of airscrew adjustment. :thumb:

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
Yes, my KDX is horrible to start when it gets cold. I have to tip it on its side at least a couple times and in gear, push back and forth. I will try dropping one clip postion and then make the appropriate air screw adjustment. Thanks for your help!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom