csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
I just got a new 88 kdx 200 what would the best pipe that would give me more low end grunt? the gnarly doesnt seems to be available for this year.. but the fatty is? what would the best be, Thanks

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
The Fatty is the only version they ever made for it. Unless you can find a DG pipe, it is probably the ONLY pipe you can find for it. It will definitely give it more power.

Some other mods are changing to an aftermarket silencer or spark arrestor. You should be able to find a DG silencer at www.frpoffroad.com. You might be able to find a used Answer S-A Pro spark arrestor. DMC and Krause made pipes a looooong time ago, but finding a new one would be very hard to do.

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
I have an FMF pipe on my 86, but it wasn't really made for that year model. It definitely isn't a Fatty however. But that might be the only pipe available for your bike these days unless you look for something on Ebay.

100_3188-1.jpg

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
julien_d said:
Right, cuz that link I posted above is just some sort of hoax. :|
Better buy it from that website fast, because the manufacturer doesn't show it as something they still make, is all I'm saying. :nod:

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I bought my DG from them 2 years ago. They had all the same pipes then that they do now. I'm not sure where they got them, and yes, I'm sure the supply is limited, but they haven't sold out in the last 2 years so.....

At any rate, I'm quite impressed with the DG. It's thicker than an FMF pipe, and the performance gain was good. The FMF will be a good pipe as well, if you can find one.

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
can i just take the huge silencer off the bike? it it alot of weight and it seems like it plugs the engine up alot

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
If you replace the stock silencer with an aftermarket one, it'll help a bit.

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
if i just completly remove the silencer were it cause any damage to anything. i hate weight and it sounds pretty awesome( tried it for a second)

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
You can't ride it anywhere on public land without a silencer and a spark arrestor. If you ride it anywhere near people without the silencer, it'll just make too much noise and leave people with a bad image of dirt bike riders. :whoa:

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
I completly understand how you would think this, only makes sense, and i would save the silencer and maybe even buy an upgraded one for when i ride up noth and publicly, but my best friends grandfauther has like 400 acers of logging trails, and if anyone asked me to put it on i would. im really respectable about that

i also just want to try it, i might not like it and just put it back on.

thanks for the advice

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
alright,i have a silencer, but would the fmf fatty make my 88 kdx 200 have more lowend power?
not just power,i want low end torque

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
An aftermarket silencer will make so little difference in power to your bike, it's hardly worth the expense. The expansion chamber however will wake it up quite a bit on the low end and up top.

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
thanks for the answer, and no im not ganna buy an aftermarket silencer ill just deal with what i got, planning on getting the pipe tho

Top Bottom