pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I just bought a ’02 sx125 and i have new hope getting confident in my riding.

I have not yet ridden under good conditions so i can give a fair judgement on how i like the suspension. However the little riding a have done i think i may want to make the forks softer. I have dissembled the forks and changed the oil and i noticed two things. The oil level was like 190mm, in the manual it says between 120 and 150, i now have about 130mm. The other was the compession valving stack, i didnt take it apart but it looked like a bunch of 24mm following by a few smaller in quite steep order. Im not good on this stuff but it appears to have quite a lot low speed damping but not very much high speed damping. I believe i want it reverse.

Im willing to try revalving it myself but i wonder if you can help me a little. I would like to know better what changes i want to do to get the result i want – less shooting in the air sort of speak. All i know(or think i do) is that the bigger shims affect the low speed and the smaller affect high speed damping and that it's a heck lot more complicated than that. :) So if you know any good webpages describing this subject i would like to know it.

Another problem i have is that when the bike is not acting the way i want im not sure whats the problem. For example i had alot problem with my rm when hitting mid sized bumps in a little higher speed the bike want to bounce and try to throw me off, even more in uphills. I couldnt find out wether it was too much compression or too little rebound.

I really want to learn how the setup inside the suspension affects the handling out on the track.

Top Bottom