05TT-R250

Sep 27, 2004
I just bought a 05 Yamaha TT-R250. This is the first bike that I have ever owned. I wanted to get something that I can ride on the trails that still has some power. I have yet to take it out and ride it. I have a lifted Chevy Avalanche , so that makes it difficult to load and un-load the bike. I am going to get a trailer to solve that. I also have a 03 Honda CRF50 that my son rides.

Are there any perfoamce upgrades for the Yamaha TT-R250? I know that there are tons for the Honda. From what I have seen, this site looks great. I hope to get a lot of information from here.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Congrats on the new bike!! I would definately invest in a trailer for the bikes, imagine being tired after a day of riding and then having too load them in the back of a lifted Avalanche..

You may want too browse the "Thumper Central" forum for upgrades for your bikes, also there is a mini forum for the 50..

WHere you plan on riding at??
RIck

05TT-R250

Sep 27, 2004
rickyd said:
Congrats on the new bike!! I would definately invest in a trailer for the bikes, imagine being tired after a day of riding and then having too load them in the back of a lifted Avalanche..

You may want too browse the "Thumper Central" forum for upgrades for your bikes, also there is a mini forum for the 50..

WHere you plan on riding at??
RIck

I am planning on going up to El Mirage one weekend and maybe right off of 395 before Adalento. I live really close to a place in Beaumont that we use to be able to ride the 50, but they have closed. I am hoping that it is just for the season.

Are there any other good places around So Cal that you know of?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I'm up in NorCal, but if you look under "General Chapter Info" the click on "Western Capters" then look up the "SoCal Wrecking Crew" im sure someone in there could reccomend some riding areas for you..
Rick

05TT-R250

Sep 27, 2004
rickyd said:
I'm up in NorCal, but if you look under "General Chapter Info" the click on "Western Capters" then look up the "SoCal Wrecking Crew" im sure someone in there could reccomend some riding areas for you..
Rick

Great. I am completely ignorant about places to ride, so they could be a big help.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

As others have said, be sure to check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for some opportunities to hook up with fellow DRNers.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

ttr125rdr4e

Sep 28, 2004
i think you will like the ttr250 from what i have read. i just got a 03' ttr125le for 1800 bucks the other day and it was barely ridden so its like brand new. that is my first bike and i love it so far its perfect size for me and has the power i want. my brother has a 04' ttr225 but that thing is freakin heavy and a lil big for me, like my legs fit good on it but too heavy for me the ttr125 is like 100 pounds lighter, well i hope you have fun with it get some pics of it and let me know how you like it!!

Top Bottom