new bike

charger

Dec 29, 2000
Hey, yall! Man, it has been a long time since I've posted anything here. I guess I never had much to say or ask, but now I have a few "Q's". So here it goes. I just bought a new (for me anyways) 2000 CR250R. Dang, that thing is fast. Anyhoo... The guy who used to own it only rode trails with it, so it sits pretty low right now. My first question is how do you raise it up? (I am going to ride some trails with it, but I would like to sit higher for when I do MX.) Does it have anything to do with the race sag? :silly: If not, how do you set the race sag? Secondly, I have not had enough money to buy a Clymer manual for it yet, and the ground outside has been way too wet to do any suspension testing so if any of you guys know what a good average setting would be for my new baby's forks and shock, I would appreciate the input. I need both the compression and rebound settings. I want to race it this coming weekend, and will not have enough time to wait for the ground to dry enough for me to do some testing. Here is some info about me that might help with any responses. I weigh about 160 lbs and I'm 5'11" tall.
Thanx! Rock on. :aj:

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Charger,
The Honda Manuals are the best.. As for the suspension set your sag, and adjust your clickers to a middle range and go from there. Use my offroad tuning guide, and you should be able to get everything working well.

BR,
Jer
Congrats on the new machine.. I'm still riding my now 10 year old KX!

pro-design

Nov 6, 2001
You can't ride a bike that is torn in half. I think everybody should pitch in and get old jer a new bike.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…