New Crank for 98 Suzuki RM 125

gsxrsrad1000

May 21, 2007
I was riding my bike yesterday when the bike suddenly stopped with no warning. I took it apart that night and realized, the piston had some scrape marks and the rod had some up/down play (I heard it's not suppose to). I also found that on the right side of the rod there are some heat marks that indicate something got hot and maybe over heated cause the seizure. Either way, I am pricing out Crankshafts and for some reason Weisco and Hot Rods do not make an aftermarket crank for the 98 RM year.....? Is this true, do i have to have the crank rebuilt or buy an OEM one? Please let me know, thanks.

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
I just went thru this with my '00 RM 250. Unfortunately, Weisco and Hot Rods don't carry rebuilt units. They do offer aftermarket rods and bearings though. A new OEM crank for my bike was over $350. :yikes: I picked one up on Fleabay for $232. I did contact Eric Gorr who had a Hot Rod kit in his garage sale. This was his reply:

Sorry I sold it but my friend Ryan from Finishline Engines offers crank rebuilds with parts for $125
His number is 1-920-382-2897

Give Finishline a call.

Marc -

gsxrsrad1000

May 21, 2007
Sweet, thanks for the info

Thanks for the info, I will use this on my quest to get this thing back up and running

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…