rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
_JOE_ said:
Nice bike. Yeah, if you're just rippin around with the boy I would say just throw a piston in it and call it good. Is that the stock pipe?

yes stock pipe. its a little bent on the header and it does have a small crack on the bottom . other than that the bike is in very good condition

will a aftermarket pipe gain more power? and will i have to jet the carb due to a different aftermarket pipe . i know some that had put aftermarket pipes on there bikes and they ran like **** until they jetted the carb

thx

btw joe i live in p.a. also and live about a little over a hour away :) from where you live

bike2.jpg

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Where is Kulpmont? Everywhere I ride is at least an hour away. A pipe will add emphasis to a certain area in the rpm range. Most 125 pipes are for top end. Power is easily gained or lost in the jetting. Even a small air screw adjustment can make a big impact on performance. Jetting is the cheapest horsepower you can buy.

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
_JOE_ said:
Where is Kulpmont? Everywhere I ride is at least an hour away. A pipe will add emphasis to a certain area in the rpm range. Most 125 pipes are for top end. Power is easily gained or lost in the jetting. Even a small air screw adjustment can make a big impact on performance. Jetting is the cheapest horsepower you can buy.

ever ride in a place called the black desert ? its very close to where i live. or you ever hear of the moon?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
No and no. The furthest I've been from here is Bradford. Majestic Trails. You're near Allentown right?

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
_JOE_ said:
No and no. The furthest I've been from here is Bradford. Majestic Trails. You're near Allentown right?
nope. far away from allentown. here there are lots of coal hills to ride on and many wooded trails . me and my son could coast are bikes for about 2 blocks and then we are in the woods

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
that bike is nice. i think you stole that bike for 1200 bucks, wow. i have a 125 and idk. i dont really think the 250's are heavy. i put it up with both wheels off the ground no problem.
like joe said though, i have been just putting along and just slightly touched the throttle and it jumped up and went. the way you said the owner never did anything to it since he owned it i picture it as a neglected junker, it looks good though. i wonder what inside looks like. the reason i recommended the the bigger bike was that, i dont see the point in spending cash on a bike because you need more power and you dont wanna by a bigger bike because they weigh a few more pounds. but, thats me. like joe basically said, everyone is different and has there own personal prefrences. anyway, good luck the bike looks real clean. take good care of it and it will stay that way....

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
How far are you from Bradford? We're supposed to go to Majestic on the 21st. If you've never been there I would highly recommend you go. That place is awesome. We usually ride some local spots or go to Mapleshade, Rocky Gap, Bradford and NEMX indoor during the winter. Once my boys are big enough to ride and the wifey can get back on I'm sure I'll get out more, but now I go a couple times a month max. You guys should try to get up to Majestic when we go, there may be another guy I met on here going up. He's from Oil City.

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
_JOE_ said:
How far are you from Bradford? We're supposed to go to Majestic on the 21st. If you've never been there I would highly recommend you go. That place is awesome. We usually ride some local spots or go to Mapleshade, Rocky Gap, Bradford and NEMX indoor during the winter. Once my boys are big enough to ride and the wifey can get back on I'm sure I'll get out more, but now I go a couple times a month max. You guys should try to get up to Majestic when we go, there may be another guy I met on here going up. He's from Oil City.

thx for the offer but i dont have a way to get the bikes to Bradford. i have to invest in a trailer for my wifes rav4 .but someday ill take u up on that offer .. i would like a change of riding and see different places when i get time.

as for the other guy( m4i2k2e2)
who mentions about the 250 being just a little more weight than the 125 i have to say this that the 125 and 250 are same frame (almost same bike) but just bigger cc . and thats what makes it a little more weight. maybe next year i will get a 250 and try it out :) but for a winter project i will put in a new piston and ring and get it ported .i must say the bike must not have been that hamered the shape its in and still having the origonal top end... also the owner said his kid raced it 8 or 9 times

Top Bottom