wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Theres a review here on the new Dunlop tire. I was wondering if anyone had a chance to mount them, and would like some feedback as to whether they are any better than the 756 for soft terrain, woods, etc. The review sounds good, but I'd like to hear some feedback from the DRN crew. Thanks!

PsychoCR500

Aug 24, 2000
Am I the 1st??

I just put a 773 on my new CR500AF. I have only ridden on it one day so far but in muddy conditions it seems pretty good. Hooks up and corners pretty well also. It still looks new with no rounding off at all. I am happy with it so far.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Psycho,
You may be the first. The local shops here say its not due out til spring. :(
Im sure I can mail order it from somewhere.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
i think they are replacing the 755 with the 773. Check out the article link in the first post.

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
My 773 worked great at Honey Lake, News Years Day marathon. Bought mine at Mach 1 Motosports in Vallejo.

Dave Wood

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
East coast slackers!

The local shops here on the east coast are usually slackers when it comes to getting new items. They only hear about most of the stuff after someone inquires about it. Thats why we easterners depend on you west coast guys for the real skinny!!!!

I think Im going to order a front/rear set. :cool:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
wayne - If you plan to ride any NETRA Turkey Runs this year I would advise against running a soft-terrain tire on the rear. While they deliver excellent traction in mud, they leave a lot to be desired in rocks. Of the two rear tires I've used up here, a Dunlop D-755 and a Michelin S-12, I wouldn't recommend running either. I see a lot more IRC and Pirelli rear tires than Dunlop or Michelin. Even seen a few Mitas tires.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
oops...

I ordered them tonight. At least I will have them on for the loamy stuff down here.
:cool:

PsychoCR500

Aug 24, 2000
More tire info...

Well, I burned another 5 gal today and the 773 is still looking great! The conditions where the same as the 1st ride being muddy to some hard-pack and rocks. I was really riding hard at times and I am amazed at how well it hooks up in a straight line and climbing hills. It also corners very well but not on hard-pack. So far I will buy it again if the dirt is moist at all. :p

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I cant wait to try them. Yesterday, I came ripping around a turn, hit a nice patch of muck, and ended up on my face after washing out the front end. These dang 739's just have NO grip in the soft stuff. Almost anything, (street tires?), has got to be better than these 739's in the soft stuff. :think

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Pssst, wayneo, getting new tires wil mean you actually have to ride through mud. :p

Oh, and if you crash with the new tires you better come up with another excuse like "that rock hidden in the tall grass." :scream:

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Dooooh!

<Curly voice on>
What are ya, a wiseguy?
<Curly voice off>

I have a feeling those new meats will prevent me from at least getting squirrely around every turn! :scream:

I thought you were gonna email me.........?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Wayne,
For what it's worth, MXA did a test on the 773 and said it was "Superb"

I think I'll give them a try when I need sneakers again.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
The Kenda Unadilla tire looks interesting, at about half the price of the Dunlops.:think

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Wayne,
I just picked up some 773 tires yesterday for my son's and my bike. They look real aggressive and I can't wait to try them.

BTW, I paid $48 for a front tire
$52 for a 100/90-19
$56 for a 110/90-19

I get a deal at the local shop but I know they are still making money

Cheap enough for me:)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Slap em on!

Dave- I need a full report on those tires! I ordered mine, and then got a email saying they would be 2-3 weeks late. Im still waiting! :mad:

Top Bottom