Would you post a review if it was easy?

• Sure I would, I like to see my name in print.

Votes: 51 94.4%
  • Nope. No way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What are products?

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Funny you mention Wisconsin... looks like it here in OK right now. Snowing like a ... Supposed to be 65 on Monday though :)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
It would be nice to see some real world reviews.

When you create that killer review app be sure to include a spot for a 3 month follow up. My feelings for a few products have changed after a couple months.

B

biglou

I can't post! Tried to add my review to the Fastway footpegs and got an error message. Here's the entire message:

MySQL error reported!
Query: INSERT INTO reviews (id,username,userid,date,rating,csrating,pricerate,review,product,cat,pros,cons,price,recommend,approved) values(NULL,'BigLou',19516,1071326745,9,0,0,'I picked up a pair of these pegs from my regular local shop to give them a try on my 2001 YZ426F. I was looking for a larger platform to stand on and thought the billet aluminum looked way cooler than the sharply-pointed steel pegs. Yeah, I\'m a fashion plate! I\'ve never had any issues with pegs chewing up the soles of my boots like a lot of posts I\'ve read, but I thought I\'d give these a try since they appeared to be a bit wider (front to back) than the aftermarket steel pegs I\'d seen, and would probably be a bit easier on the boot soles. Assembly was a snap. There are two lengths of pins included with the pegs, also. I chose to go with the longer pins right out of the box. The pins come with some flourescent-looking LocTite to keep them in place. So far, about four months, no lost pins. I was impressed with the choice of standard and "low-boy" options. I left mine at the standard setting since I wasn\'t having any egonomic issues with my bike. Once installed, these things look really trick! The coolness factor of the bike goes way up. I got comments like, "Dang! Those things look like 2x4\'s!" On the bike, the first thing I noticed was the solid, wide platform. It\'s a cinfidence-boosting feeling. Wearing a relatively stiff-soled MX boot (Alpinestars Tech 6\'s), the sole somewhat mutes the feedback through the pegs. Although there aren\'t a great percentage of riders out there larger than I am at 200+ lbs, I can see where larger riders would definitely feel the difference a wider platform would make. Especially those wearing boots with more flexible soles. So, for me, these pegs have been a solid performer, although not any huge noticable improvement over stock. The quality is top-notch. They look great, and they definitely have their place on someone\'s moto gift list. It was nice to have something that bolted right on as advertised, performs well, and look way cool to boot! If you\'re a bigger fella, or a smaller one looking for a solid, wide platform, I say go get\'em!',15,17,'Like standing on a 2x4! Pins don\'t chew up boot soles.','None to date.','89.99 (Summit Cycles Lee's Summit MO','yes','0')

Result: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Summit MO','yes','0')' at line 1

Database handle: Resource id #6

B

biglou

FYI-One other glitch I've noticed lately, even before the latest round of tweaking: You can't use the up/down scroll buttons on the side of any field. If you click either of the arrows, the whole field jumps to the very bottom line. It's the same for the signature line area in "Edit Your Profile", the Quick Reply fields, and also when I was typing my product review.

You have to click and grab the bar in between the arrows and drag it to where you want to go within the field to access all but the very bottom of your text that appears in the field. Either that or use the arrows on the keyboard to navigate through the text in the field.

Top Bottom