BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
check out http://www.gasgas.com This is one great looking bike ! http://www.gasgas.com/Gas-Gas-Media/2002-bikes/pampera-250-left.gif

So do the Euros always get the best bikes ?! - apparently not so, Gas Gas are releasing a new bike just for the US market and nowhere else. Americans will get in the next 10 days or so, the first batch of Gas Gas Pampera 280 off road motorcycles. These are a dual sport type two stroke enduro style dirt bike based on their world famous trials bikes.

This bike is designed for fun, has a relatively low 34 inch seat height, and a torquey light two stroke engine. The bike comes with all the goodies to put it on the road, lights, turn signals, horn etc. The best part of the deal, the bike weighs in at 198 pounds dry ! - Yes !

Should be ideal with the ladies and beginner biker, or those like myself, the spodely weekend fun in the sun dirtbiker.

Check out the pictures and video at the gasgas site, sure looks like fun.

Mine is already on order, and should be here with the next two weeks or so - Yeah baybee ! :cool:

Prices for the 250 and 280 are the same $4695 (which is a great price for a Euro bike !) :scream:

Weight 198lb
Seat Height 34 inches
Fuel Capacity 1.8 gallons
Wheel Base 53.6 inches
Front Suspension Marzochi 40mm
Rear Suspension Sachs Boge with Progressive linkage
Chassis Oval tubing for maximum strength & minimum weight
Swing Arm Cast Aluminum internally reinforced
Front Brake Disk, 260mm, Floating
Rear Brake Disk, 200mm, with Hebo 4-piston caliper

Last edited:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Its a dual sport? I guess it has a oil mixing system like my old DT175 has. Its just a little pump that mixes that oil after the carb. It works really good. It would suck to run out of gas of the road and have no premix. Where is a GAS GAS dealer in your area? Glad to see that a new ride is on the way. Post a report and let us know what you think when you get one.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
it looks like the lever is way too far forward to hit while riding, perhaps they kept a little too much trials styling on this one :think

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
The bike has no oil injection system ala DT175. I asked about this, and was told you had to run premix. The bike is sold as a dirt only bike in the USA, it comes with all the lights and road stuff, as this is how it is sold in Europe.

As to the 'peculiar' angle of the shift lever, it has a bolt eh ?! - the DRZ had a rather short, useless shift lever which was angled too far down, and could not be moved upwards without removing the chain guard - looks to me like my boot will fit under the lever quite nicely - may have to invest in a longer after market one though ! - downshifts will be fun though ! definitely looks like it needs to be lowered a few inches or so.

Other than that, it looks like it is going to be a ripping bike. I hear they are pretty good on fuel too ? should get about 50 miles to the gallon, and should give a range of about 90 miles - not too bad !

I have written to the Gas Gas rep in Spain, and have raised all of these questions/issues about the shift lever, oil injection, tire selection, and gas tank options, and should hear back from them in the next day or so.

Will keep you posted. :cool:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
If you do any riding on the street you could always just get a rear fender bag and keep a bottle with some oil in it in there. Just put enough for a gallon or two in there and use marker and make it like a measuring cup markings on it. Then just put in a gallon or two gallons in the tank (hope the pump in acturate) and pour the oil in the tank. Put the lid on and the jummp up and down on the pegs and shake it from side to side to mix :confused: People might laugh, but it thats alright.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
They just hit the port today....should be in KC by Monday. Hopefully,
customs will clear them by Thursday and will be shipping over the weekend.

Get your orders in boys and girls :)

Top Bottom