new guy in need of help

rambo141s

Dec 5, 2004
hey everyone, well this is my first messege, and I currently do not own a bike but deeply considering getting one soon. I was hoping you guys can help me out. I'm new to the game and I have only ridden twice, my buddies 97' cr-250 and my other buddies 03' kx-125,i did OK i got the shifting down,i felt a little hesitant on the 250 a little more compfortable on the 125 did ok and did not fall, but I want to know some of your guy's input on what make, size and 2 or 4 stroke should go with. i'm 5'10" 160 lbs I can shift pretty well for a beginer, and i'm a fast learner. cuz i think a 125 would be ok for now but in the future i will probably want more power. and i would like to get a bike that is a 01' and under because i live in cali. and they are srticked about smog purposes

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the What Bike Do I Get... ? forum for information regarding bikes. Post up your questions and they will be glad to help. Be sure to include all your info about size, type of terrain etc.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

R

rd123456

go get the 250 youll want the power in about 4 mounths

kristen

Dec 8, 2004
hey new rider... you should try a 150 they r awesome and have good power! try it out !

dirt_freak_x

Dec 8, 2004
ill tell ya what you should do....youre five,ten and probably not gettin any taller. ;) So you should go with a Honda or Yamaha 250 Four stroke... trust me

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…