rambo141s

Dec 5, 2004
hey everyone, well this is my first messege, and I currently do not own a bike but deeply considering getting one soon. I was hoping you guys can help me out. I'm new to the game and I have only ridden twice and enjoyed it,i have ridden my buddies 97' cr-250 and 03' kx-125,i did OK i got the shifting down,i felt a little hesitant on the 250, a little more compfortable on the 125 did ok and did not fall, but I want to know some of your guy's input on what make, size, preferably a used 01' and under 2 stroke. i'm 5'10" 160 lbs I can shift pretty well for a beginer, and i'm a fast learner. cuz i think a 125 would be ok for now but in the future i will probably want more power. but over all i just want it so i can join my buddies when they go to glamis and pismo.

yater

Nov 7, 2003
I can answer this. You DON'T need a 250cc 2stroke motocross bike. The newer 250 4 strokes make fine beginner bikes or for casual trail riding, the xr line is hard to beat. The cr250 you're talking about is capable of violent power delivery which can scare a beginner out of riding (ask me how I know).

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
If your gonna be riding in the sand of Pismo and Glamis, go for the 250,, Sand robs alot of hp.. Sounds like you got the basics down, so go for the 250..
Rick

Top Bottom