Jmartin

Mar 31, 2009
hey can anyone give me any tips on how to make my 86 200 faster and more like an MX bike? THANKS, also i was wondering wat the piece is called that connects the exhaust pipe to my muffler/silencer, should it be some kind of hose or one of those pipes? or do they just connect to one another? if not wat is that piece called? i am going to purchase a fatty pipe and a gd silencer and just want to make sure it gets installed rite and that i use the rite equiptment, i have heard there are problems with those silencers melting the plastic because it mounts to close to the rear fender and that i will need to make some kind of spacers and buy new hardwares that will fit it rite. i am new to this in general and i am just starting to learn little bits and pieces! can anyone give me the definition of jetting? and explain in laymens terms wat it is, THANKS!

Last edited:

podfish

May 14, 2007
'course the KDX isn't really much of a motocrosser, especially a 20yr old one. Are you sure you want to spend money trying to make it something it really doesn't want to be?

1986kdx200

Jan 1, 2013
podfish said:
'course the KDX isn't really much of a motocrosser, especially a 20yr old one. Are you sure you want to spend money trying to make it something it really doesn't want to be?
I kinda agree with podfish, I have an 86 myself, those bikes are epic woods bikes. You might be dissapointed on a track even after mods, it still as conventional forks, call fredette racing if you still want to try though...that guy is a kdx guru

Top Bottom