New Helmet

CR 250 MXer

Jan 30, 2002
I am looking for a new helmet for hopefully under $150. I would like to find one that is as light as possible. I was looking at the new HJC CLX-4 and the Thor. Is anyone happy or unhappy with these helmets or others similar to these?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Might want to check out Bell Moto SL's too (SL = Super Light). Nice helmet at an even nicer price. Some cool replica paint jobs too (like Showtime 4 and Honda of Troy) and the Track Graphics design is pretty cool too. I had a Moto SL before my Moto 7. Moto SL's are $120 at Bobs and I'm sure you'll find similar prices at other places too.

Vytas

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 31, 2001
I just bought a HJC CLX-4, Black & Silver, and am very happy with it. This was my second HJC helmet. The HJC rep that I spoke with said that HJC is the leading helmet manufacturer in the world and that HJC makes the THOR helmets as well. For $130 I had it delivered to my house in three days. As much as I like the Arai and Shoei, I can not afford $350-450 for a single helmet when I have three boys riding with me.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am very happy with my HJC. For me the decision had to do with comfort. The largest MSR helmet fit tight. The HJC was a lot more comfortable and I was surprised at how lightit felt.
Mikie

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I'm on my 2nd HJC helmet. I had the CL-X3 and now own the CL-X4. The helmets are great, high quality and they just look good. The venting of the X4 is much better then the X3 and the style, well my friends thought I had a Shoei.

It's a high quality helmet for a low price, I will stay with HJC helmets for a long time.

Lee W.

scandi

Feb 14, 2002
KBC Helmets

Has anybody used the KBC helmets? I recently purchased a street helmet from KBC, The Galaxy, based on a plug from Motor Cyclist Magaziine. Great price and comfy, however they run large. I had to order a small...

I am looking to buy a backup to my Shoei and was looking at the KBC. I note they have been advertising more in the mags.

Any feedback would be great.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…