tphss

Apr 6, 2004
Hi all,

I was wondering is anyone has any expirience with the new TLD helmet, i'm thinking of buying it.

I am going to buy a new helmet, few options I thought of:
-Fox Pilot
-Shoei VFX-R Air
-Arai VX-Pro
-TLD helmet

Was wondering about the TLD sinse I never saw it in person, and the others I have seen and wore.
Which one would be the best you think?

Thanks,
tphss.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
I would try one on first. I was all set to buy one, but when I tried it on it was really uncomfortable. It put alot of pressure on my temples, so I ended up getting the new O'neal 909 Larocco instead. I'm very happy with it.

tphss

Apr 6, 2004
Also,

I forgot to add to the quetions:

-Which of the helmets I wrote have the best ventilation?
-Which is the lightest? looking for a very light helmet if i'm about to spend 300-500 bucks...
-Quality, which has the best? like the rubber that covers the bottom and closure and the other quality like painting and pads.

Thanks again.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I own a Fox Pilot and tried on a TLD (Rhino model) a few weeks ago. I'm happy with my Fox after I finally get it on my head. I seem to have some trouble getting my giant melon inside the thing, but once I do, I'm pretty happy with the comfort.

I too was almost ready to buy a new TLD. I tried on the Rhino color scheme and was amazed at the light weight, but turned off at the fit of the helmet. It felt like the entire helmet just didn't come down low enough. I felt like my chin and jaw were hanging out of the bottom of the thing. If you try one on and like it, shop around for a 2004 model. My local shop took $50 off the price once the 2005's came out. They don't even look much different than the 2004 models.

MXreviewer

Jul 10, 2004
If you are looking for a light helmet M2R makes some great helmets that are very light and priced well. They offer very good ventilation but do run a little big so I would suggest to try one on before you buy...

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
If you're looking for a lightweight helmet, then you only got two choices. M2R revelation or the Arai. I currently wear the M2R Rev, and love it. It's cool here in the hot So Cal summer and light. I'd like to buy an Arai, because it's a well an Arai. . . a status bling bling thing I suppose. But for now, I just go to the store, try on the Arai, then remind myself how much track time I can buy with the $$ difference between an M2R and Arai.

In last months MXA , they weighed the helmets. try to find the issue.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I tried on a TLD Helmet in the shop. If I had the money with me, I would have bought it . It felt that nice. Very light as well.

I second the vote for the m2r, however. Someone was selling new Revelation models for 39.95 plus shipping a while back. I think they are still on that one auction site.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
a status bling bling thing I suppose
Not really. Just a very good helmet.

CRspode

May 6, 2001
I've got the Troy Lee SE silver Ryno and am very happy with it. It's very light, offers great ventilation and is very comfy. The graphics are great as well. I haven't had a chance to try on an Arai VX-Pro DC to compare but I'm happy with my purchase. I got it for $379 from RockyMountain. I couldn't find the Arai locally to try on or online for under $485 shipped. In a month or two, I'm sure Troy Lee (and everyone else) wil be offering their 05 stuff so maybe if you can wait a bit you can find some good 04 closeout deals.

Scott

Last edited:

tphss

Apr 6, 2004
Hehe, After everything, I ended up buying the O'Neal 904 Helmet, for 210$, cause I need to cut on something to be able to buy some other stuff.
I hope I make the right choice.

shnalln

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2002
I don't really think you can go wrong with an O'Neal lid, I've got the SL712 model that I got for $120, and have no complaints. Although I would like an Arai, or a Shoe, just can't justify it though...

Top Bottom