TjClark

Dec 4, 2007
Hi there. I'm new here and I am hoping for some help here. I recently went to the fourwheeler side for 2 years, but I know now that dirt bikes are the way to go. I don't know if I want to get a 125 or a 250. I would get a 125, but I am not sure if a 125 will carry me around well.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
I'm 5'11" and weight roughly 200lbs with all equipment on.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
I would say I'm very agressive.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
I plan to ride homemade MX tracks plus some professional ones once a month. I ride a little bit of woods, not much. The main type of riding I do is pit riding with some jumps added with all my buddies.
4) Do you have any riding experience?
I have dirt biked since I was 3 and a half, and am now 15, but I stopped 2 years ago to ride four wheelers. I currently ride a Raptor 660, but I want to go back to bikes. The last bike I rode was an old 1984 CR125.

5) Do you think you will race ?
No I don't think I will race professionally, but I am always having to compete against my friends:).

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
My dad and I are both very mechanically inclined. If I ever get stuck on something, by dad always helps.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
2 Stroke, and I am trying to stay away from the Hondas.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
No I don't have any dealers around here. I plan to buy my bike used from classifieds.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
Under 3000 CANADIAN.

10) Do you live in California?
Nope.

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I know how to ride, but I might need sometime to get used to bikes again.

Thanks in advance.

TjClark

Dec 4, 2007
With the amount of money I want to spend, the year will have to be under 2001. Are the RM's good before those years, like 1999 - 2001?

Thanks for the quick response too.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Why wouldn't a 125 pull you around? If you're not racing competivley than I think it would be good.
I've RM125's are pretty good, not sure about that year though.

TjClark

Dec 4, 2007
Well, I just was thinking it wouldn't like that much weight on it. And I will be hitting some jumps and I am on the tracks in the pits everyday in the summer. Which includes some berms and a 30 foot double. And smaller jumps.

It's still in the air whether I will go with 125 or 250.

Thanks for the response.

TjClark

Dec 4, 2007
Thanks a lot for the great responses.

I will most likely go with a 2002 YZ 125 now, and get the shocks rebuilt to my needs.

Oh I don't know why I don't like Honda's, I just never really liked em. The only way I would buy one is if it was going to be an old one, Honda's last forever.

Thanks again.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom