Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
I got a new job at a motorcycle shop here in town.
The name of it is Monroe Motors and they are the Ducati dealer for San Francisco, unfortunetly they don't sell KTM.
I'm the bookkeeper for them and I am having a really good time there.
I used to take my Moto Morini there for fixing and my friend Nick was one of the mechanics there and now he's the owner.
It's kind of ironic that I work there because if someone would have told me 15 years ago that I would one day be their bookkeeper, I would have laughed, but I'm learning all about the paper side of motorcycling.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Congrats on the new job! Hmm. I bet this means you get a significant discount on new bikes, too, eh? :cool:

You'll just have to work on them to see the light and start carrying KTMs. Then you can get discounts on those too! ;)

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
WAY COOL! I was riding my Ducati today and thinking about some aftermarket parts that I'd sure like for it; now I know who to ask about 'em; LOL! Congrads on the new job!!!

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
It's unfortunate

But another friend of mine owns a shop just around the corner, Scuderia and he is the San Francisco KTM dealer, so it doesn't look too hopeful for the tables to turn anytime soon,.
Those italian bikes bring in a lot of dough.
The shop also sells MV's, Moto Guzzi, the new Triumphs, CCM, Husqavarna, Cannondale, but there biggest seller is Ducati. Seems people just go nuts for those Monsters & 948's.
Hey CJ which Ducati do you have?
I would love to send you a t-shirt...
Thanks for all the congrats all!
Fe_p.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by Fe_princess
... Seems people just go nuts for those Monsters & 948's. Hey CJ which Ducati do you have?....

I'm one of those people who just go nuts for those MONSTERS ; LOL!

'Had one HECK of a ride yesterday. Believe it or not, we hit a fog bank above 9,000 feet that turned into spitting snow along THE twistiest section of mountain backroad around here (near the little town of Wonder Vu). Visibility was down to MAYBE ten feet. Lots of winter sand still on the backroads too. I was VERY VERY glad to be on my Duc since it's so SOLID through that twisty section. I had one hand carefully on the throttle and countersteering while I used the other hand to keep wiping fog/snow off of my visor so I could see. YEESH; that Duc got me home in one piece yesterday! I'd be very proud to work at a Ducati shop like you are!!!

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Congrats on the cycle shop job! I, too, have been in the Motorcycling business as a Sales Woman for about a year now. Outside of the occasional sexist remark from a customer, I love the job, and most of the customers like coming to are shop. I sell Suzuki's and Kawasaki's. The previous shop I worked at before I left, I sold the big four and got to test ride the bikes on their off-road course after I sold them. (the owner was ignorant, so I left to work for a really nice enduro rider) If any of you's are in the area, stop by! Woodbury Powersports Woodbury Heights, NJ

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
FE, Congrats! That would be way fun. What CCMs do they have? Any of the offroad models? I saw some in an old (1995?) Dirt Bike, but I didn't know if they still import them. What are they like?

CJ, I thought you had a SV 650? Or maybe you had just ridden one? I remember chatting about them. I bet the Monster is way faster. I plan on adding a street bike to my collection someday.

I've worked in the industry too and it's a lot of fun, 90% of the customers are laid back.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22
... CJ, I thought you had a SV650? Or maybe you had just ridden one? I remember chatting about them. I bet the Monster is way faster. I plan on adding a street bike to my collection someday....
Nope, 'just ride with a few folks who are VERY satisfied with their SVs in our canyons and on the gp track too. The Monster and the SV are both very similar in power actually. If you look at the power curves, the Monster has more midrange and the SV has a little more on top. The Monster just feels a little more compact and, therefore, is easier for mini-me to flick in the twisties. I remember talking to you about the SV since it would fit you quite nicely whenever you decide that the time is right! :)

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hey, Fe_Princess!
Very happy to know that you got a new job at a motorcycle shop!!!

I have never been to Monroe Motors, but I have been to Scuderia a couple of times. If they are close to each other, I will come and visit you sometime.

My boy friend has been telling me to get a job at Cycle Gear.....but since I'm not an expert about motorcyle yet, I'm happy to stay as just a customer for now.

Congratulations!

Mini ;)

Last edited:

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
.....but since I'm not an expert
You don't have to be an expert about anything to work at cycle gear.
But seriously, I would love it if you came by to visit me.
It's right on the corner of 15th & Valencia, around the corner and two blocks down from Scuderia.
See you there, Fe_P...

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Princess!! Congratulations on the new job, maybe Firelilly and I will do lunch one day at Scoma's and swing by and pick you up first - they let you have lunch don't they???

How 'bout it Mini???

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Sounds good for me, GETMETOCA!
I don't know if you ever read Fe_Princess's bio before or not, but she is a real motorcyclist, and I have been hoping to meet her so.....
Can you come out to this way sometime during the week? Buddy's office is also close to those motorcycle shops, so we can visit him, too.

Fe_Princess, let us know when you feel comfortable (since you just got this job, your boss might not like it?) to have visiters in your shop.

Mini

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Mini, OF COURSE we can stop by and see Buddy maybe he can spring for lunch - hahahahah! Just kidding Buddy!! You are such an awesome guy, I would just hate to miss out on seeing you too!

I think we need to help Fe_Princess "Set the tone" at her new job so that when the girls decide its one of those "lets do lunch" days, her employers just know how its going to be....

Princess, I am sure you'll let us know when its a good time to visit!! This could be like a field trip, maybe Karna, Hot4Teacher, SparkyYZF, and Girlracer76 can come too? We can rent a limo and head your way. Princess, why don't you just think about taking the rest of the day off after we show up. Then we can go pick up Buddy, boy Buddy, you are going to be one lucky dude hanging out with all the ladies - oh yeah, you did that LAST WEEKEND!!! LOL.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
That's Funny!
I'm sure Buddy is going to be elated, if he gets surrounded by all the pretty dirt bike girls. He enjoyed the trip to Oregon very much and meeting so many nice people at once.

Anyway Princess, please keep in touch.

Mini

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
SFO, He's just the most awesome Buddy in the whole world, but I dont think you have to worry - he only has eyes for Firelilly!

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
You ladies are FUNNY!

That's right, he is Buddy for every dirt rider!
His nickname (also DRN name) is Buddy. He is my partner who made me ride dirt bikes. He works in SF. He and I have total of 10 bikes in our garage (4 of them are kids' bikes), and he is adding one extra bike in the next one or two weeks.

Princess and SFO, Buddy and I would love to meet you guys soon.

GETMETOCA, thank you for your comment. Buddy has eyes for all the pretty ladies. But I have a killer word for him...."I'm going back to Japan!"

CJ Rider, you have to tell me about your KX!

Mini ;)

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
DRN ladies lunch sounds awesome.
I can set up just about anything, so you guys just let me know when you're planning on coming...
You can email too at keropi77@hotmail.com
I look forward to meeting you all!
Fe-P.
ps. Who doesn't love girls that ride?

Top Bottom