new kdx owner need a few tips

ukkdx

Apr 18, 2005
just got a 89 kdx200 and i need to put new back brake pads
is this easy enough for a novice. Also whats the best 2 stroke oil to use. many thanks

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
ukkdx,

I would have to venture to say that changing the pads front or rear on the KDX is well within the capabilities of even the "occasional" mechanic :) I have a brand new KDX-220r and haven't actually done the work myself, but from reading over the procedure in the service manual it looks pretty simple... Only things that would elevate it from simple, to a bit more complex, are the bleeding of the brake lines afterwards (not really required but a good idea) and remembering to put assembly lub on the caliper mounting bolts :)

Let me know if you don't have the shop manual and I'll scan the pages and email them to you...

As for which 2 stroke oil is the "best" you're going to get so many different answers to this question that it will make your head swim! The majority of it is simply preference I think, and as long as you use anything decent in the correct quantity, it would be pretty tough to go wrong... I myself use Redline and no complaints, but I could probably use something far less expensive with equal results, but as I said, its purely preference :)

Have a good one!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom