i just bought brand new 04 kdx200 and ive put 2 miles
it but when let the clutch out in neutralat idle it has vibratey
noise and feel and goes away if i pull the clutch in
is this normal :ohmy:

Thanks

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
the KDX is known for a " wierd " noise. Ride it carefully for the break-in, then after you drain the tranny fluid, put a whole quart in. The extra amouint seems to quiet things down a bit.

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
xtremetib said:
i just bought brand new 04 kdx200 and ive put 2 miles
it but when let the clutch out in neutralat idle it has vibratey
noise and feel and goes away if i pull the clutch in
is this normal :ohmy:

Thanks

Totally normal, the infamous "KDX rattle." I can always tell if a KDX is near by! Try some synthetic oil when you change the oil, that may quiet it down a bit. I have tried the "add a whole quart thing," but I am not sure if I could tell the difference or not. You will get used to it.

brockboy

Apr 12, 2005
That sound scared the hell out of me for the first little while. Until I found out what everbody else is saying and that it is perfectly normal.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Yep, and I'm glad I read about it here before my first ride! Stopped to take a quick break and yack at my buds...put it in neutral and let out the clutch...holy cow....but I just thought about what I read here and all was well...

xtremetib

Mar 31, 2005
Thanks i am so relieved i got a great deal i think ($4100 OTD) and started to think it was a lemon but now i can start the break in :nod:

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
I agree, if you dont have noise, worry. :laugh: I do disagree about a full qt of oil. During break in im sure its fine but once you really start thrashing it, too heavy or too much oil will efect the performance. This will stir up a hornets nest but after alot of research it doesnt hurt either way you go. I just found that too heavy or too much oil did effect the top end rpms on the bike. The more you submerge the clutches which are directly connected to the crank, even though it is a dry crank system, it effects the top end rpm. In my case it did effect power.
I dont want to start a war over oil, these are just my findings so I shared them. You get alot of really good information from these folks and ALWAYS helpful! :coocoo:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…