New KDX200 owner with mod?????????

HueC

May 16, 2004
Hello
I have a 94 KDX200. I got a great deal on this bike with low miles. My questions are
1 What do you need to do to convert the suspenion over to
mx stile. My friends have mx tracks and i want to ride on
them!
2 I do not like the flashy graphics on the side or the blue
seat, where can i find conversions?

I have looked in alot of these forums and have found links, but nothing solid enough for my questions. Usually the seat parts and side panels say 95-2000, not 94.

PS I have ridden a cr250f mx bike and the kdx200 can hold its own, but the suspension is too soft for mx tracks

HueC

May 16, 2004
Thanks the mxsouth link helped, but i dont live anywhere near the guy who does suspension, I need the parts that were used, Iv got a guy that will do it!!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Maybe you should talk to 'your guy.' :think:

You can get spring rates from RaceTech's website, order the parts from them or any other vendor of your choice. RaceTech will also sell you the GoldValve setups that you can just screw on to your existing base assembly.

If you're looking for a parts list from an independent tuner....say Jeremy Wilkey from MX-Tech.......forget it cuz you won't get it. He isn't going to give you information OR sell you the parts that will allow you to do the work yourself. I'll bet that nine of ten times if he did provide riders with what they needed to get the job done, they would screw up something in the process.

So, you have to send him your stuff. Your 'guy' won't be doing the job (in the case of MX-Tech anyway).

You can also get the parts from FRP (Mr. Fredette). I'd guess he wouldn't have a spring rate you'd be happy with for turning your kdx into an mx-screamer ;) as he generally works with the KDX in the arena for which it was designed (not mx).

If you really want to make your kdx look mx-like, you could stick a set of USD forks on it from a KX.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

nrvs-nelly

Oct 25, 2003
All you need to do is contact the guy who owns GPS suspensions, Gary, and he will hook you up. I live about 200miles from him. All I did was send them UPS insured and he did the work and sent them back. I'm telling you this guy is awesome. if you need more personal referrances of customers then e-mail me anf I'll get them to you. I know about 20 guys who had their sus. mods done with him and swear by him!

HueC

May 16, 2004
Thanks guys and To answer your ?? Jason about getting mx bike, i just started back riding and like I said i got this bike at a very low price plus I knew the owner!! You can't beat $1000.00 for 94 kdx200 very very good condition! And Nelly I don't doubt GPS suspensions at all, jsut dont no if i want to go the mail rout!! Good riding to all!!

KAWA200'sRule

Mar 15, 2004
Ok I hate it when people say buy a different bike but in this case you should. People have spent serious money on kdx's and rode a stock kx cr etc. and it was much better. If you did get a deal on it just sell it make a buck by selling it for a couple hundred more or so and go buy a mx bike.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…