soniccascade

Jan 8, 2006
Hey Everyone!

I just thought I would stop in and introduce myself to everyone here in So Cal. My name is Brandon, 26 years old, and I have only been riding for about 2 years. I am seriously hooked on it though, and would ride every weekend if permitted in terms of time and such.

Where does everyone ride? I have been going to Ocotillo and out near Barstow mostly, but am open to suggestions.

I should be back on the trails and such in a few weeks. I fractured my wrist yesterday when I endo'ed my bike - on hardpack.

Hope everyone is well and having a killer weekend.

Cheers
Brandon

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i know theres a few disrict 37 and district 38 desert racers/riders on here, desert racing is a allot of fun
you should try one when ya get up and running

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Welcome, Brandon.

Keep an eye on this forum, We'll post rides and races. Most are open to everyone.

The big one are Kennedy Meadows on the 4th of July. Which is in the Sequoia National Forest.

We'll also head up through Miller Canyon to Big Bear during the summer as we'll as post several Enduro, Desert and Gran Prix events.

FYI the 19th of Feb is our next Enduro and March 5-6 is a Grand Prix out at Glen Helan.

soniccascade

Jan 8, 2006
Thanks Scar Tissue

I am definitely interested in the Miller Canyon to Big Bear ride. I will keep my eyes on this forum to make sure I don't miss any information anyone here has to share.

Other than the usual Hahm, Berts, Chaparral, etc - do you know of any good shops in OC?

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
Welcome Brandon,

I haven't been on anyone of the races yet (still thinking about it scar tissue). I ride at Ocotillo and Stoddard. Mostly OW. I have been up to Kennedy meadows and rode with scar tissue and 2stroke4fun. They are great guys.

The only other store I can think of is Cycle gear off of Lemon in Fullerton. It's even better if you are in the military. They give a 10% discount. Good luck and take care of that wrist.

soniccascade

Jan 8, 2006
Thanks Tom - you are out in my grandparents and aunt and uncle's neck of the woods.

I have actually been to Cycle Gear a few times to pick up some odds and ends. Not a bad shop at all.

I have not been to Kennedy Meadows or Stoddard unfortunately. I don't get to ride as much as I would like because unfortunately I do not own a truck. I usually have to score a spot in one of my friend's truck or with my relatives when they go out to OW.

I am probably going out to OW Feb. 17th for a couple of days, that is if my wrist is up to it by then. Luckily the fracture is a hairline, and according to the doctor it should heal pretty quickly. With the amount of milk I drink it better! haha

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Hey Brandon, welcome.

You'll heal quick, your young. :)

Im in Yorba Linda, so I am not that far away if you needed a ride for a group ride. I think we need to plan a Miller ride soon, its not like there is any snow up there. I havent been since pre- fire.

soniccascade

Jan 8, 2006
Thanks 2strok4fun - I am pretty close to Yorba Linda - I live right up the street from Cal State Fullerton, and I work in Anaheim Hills. I will definitely take you up on that ride offer to a group ride. I have been looking for people to ride with for a while now. I am very excited about this. :)

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
And when you get healed, Kiwi will take you somwhere to get injured :aj: :p

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Brandon - Try Cycle parts west. They have a big new place in Stanton.

http://www.cyclepartswest.com/stores.asp

I try to stay away for the places like Berts and Chaparral. They don't support our sport like you would think. I rather give my business to my local mom and pop shop.

I live in La Palma so I could give you a ride out to one of our group rides if needed. 2strok4fun is a nice guy and all but he farts alot. Don't know if you would want to be stuck in the truck with him for a few hours. :laugh:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
thumbs said:
2strok4fun is a nice guy and all but he farts alot. Don't know if you would want to be stuck in the truck with him for a few hours. :laugh:

And I have that window lockout button :laugh: :uh:

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
Welcome Brandon, I hope that wrist heals soon, we dont want you missing too much riding. Ocotillo for me mostly, stoddard a few times here and there. You should definately go to Kennedy Meadows on the 4th of July, Scar Tissue and 2strokes4fun will take you on the ride of your life.

Ride Hard, Fall Hard

Oh and a few shops that I know of are cycle gear in Laguna Hills/Irvine, Mission Motorsports in Irvine and Cycle City in Lake Forest. None of them compare to the CHAP though

Last edited:

soniccascade

Jan 8, 2006
Thanks Cspine - I definitely don't want to miss much riding either. I do have to repair my back brakes though and bleed them out. The line snapped when I wrecked. In fact, my shiny new Russel lines just got here this morning.

Skuta

Jan 31, 2006
I live in Norwalk and that is pretty close to all you guys. I go riding all the time and have been looking for people to go riding with. I usually just go with my family and there usually aren't to many bikes. I have been riding since I was 3 so I'm a pretty decent rider. I ride a crf 450. The miller canyon ride is that right where the cajon pass is? I would love to ride all the way to Big bear on them fire roads. Let me know when you guys all go cause I would love to go.

I found a new place to ride where the 5 and the 14 splits and they have some awesome trails out there. Its called rower flats. This weekend I'm going to California City (near jawbone).

Top Bottom