racrboy1987

Dec 27, 2004
Hey yall, Im a new guy from SC. Im 17 and want to get into the dirt bike scene with my dad. He just bought a 04 Honda XR400R and I want to get a bike so I can ride with him. I want a new bike and I am looking at the Yamaha and Honda 230 models. Just want some opinions on bikes. I weigh about 140 lbs and Im about 6 feet tall. Ive ridden the Yamaha 230 and I liked it, but need something thats good for a beginner but I wont outgrow it. This is my first bike and Ive only ridden twice. Thanks guys.
Matt

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hi, Matt!

There is a big Customer Appreciation Day happening at TNT on New Years Day. You guys should come out. I've got a couple bikes you could try.

What part of SC?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Stay away from Gomer, he likes to wear tutu's!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Ahhh, but according to JP, I "make it work"!

Attachments

• tutu4.jpg
    tutu4.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 84

racrboy1987

Dec 27, 2004
LOL, wish I could make it, but Ill be in Myrtle beach this weekend. Thanks for the welcome, oh and who do you recommend shop wise for gear and bikes and the sort. Thanks

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I do most of my business with the Honda shop, as I have been for years.

I've been really impressed with Aiken Motorcycles and have bought 2 of the last 3 bikes there.

For the Columbia area, the most knowledgable people will be found at KORE.

For price alone, no local shop can compete with many of the internet sites ( like http://MXSouth.com )

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Chack out the What Bike Do I Get... ? forum for bunches of good info on what bikes you might like. If you get a chance to meet Gomer, do it. It will be a life altering experience for both you and your dad! :yikes:

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom