New member from Utah

Polamer

Sep 27, 2005
Hey all, I am from the Ogden area and a member of the Ogden Cycle Assoc. I don't ride much myself as I am mostly busy keeping my daughter's KX 100 on the track. I started viewing these forums months ago to gain knowledge on maintaining her bike. We are currently in the middle of our first tear down, seems we didn't warm the bike enough on a cold morning. BTW there is a small piece of aluminum from her piston stuck on the cylinder wall. Any ideas on getting it off? I have tried a pick and was told to try a little muratic acid. Other than that, the cylinder is OK.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc.

I am going to move this thread to the General Bike Repair forum so it will get more views.

Grab a spot on the couch, crank up a new post here and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Here's a link with some really useful info : http://www.ericgorr.com/techarticles/twotopweb.html

Careful use of muriatic acid and a ball hone is the best bet for cleanup assuming the plating hasn't been torn away from the barrel. If that's the case then a re-plate of the cylinder is in order.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…