New member, just saying HI from La Puente CA

minds4game

Dec 28, 2004
New member, just saying HI

Hi,

I just purchased a 2004 Kawasaki KX250, I haven’t been riding that long.....actually I never rode a dirt bike before just quads.. Any tips for a beginner? A little about my self: 21 years old, live in La Puente (near LA) been riding dirt bikes for about 2 days now..hehe.

Rey
:ride:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Looking into my crystal ball, I see great improvements for you the next time you ride!

(Be careful out there in CA...when I was at Elsinore I saw a guy on a Suzuki with a yellow Ranger and wearing a pink tutu!!)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Zip it Gomer, or I'll have the Cajun give us his rendition of the rider down in the rythem, ryhthm, rithem, hell with it, section!

La Puente is within SoCal Wrecking Crew property, you are welcome to join us on a ride, just check our chapter. All you have to do is to denounce anyone that lives or rides in Texas, and you're in!

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
heres a tip for a beginner with a 250.... (CRACK THAT THROTLE WIDE OPEN RIGHT OFF THE START!!!!!!!!!!!!)

nah just kidding, be careful with it in the beginning because you will be amazed at how much of a difference the power delivery is compared to riding quads. I rode dirtbikes all my life then went to a 250r fourtrax quad for about 2years then switched back to bikes and it was kinda scary at first. 250's have a great amount of power when getting on it, sometimes it still amazes me. You may want to try a flywheel weight to tame it a little till you get the real hang of the power and the bike. Congrats and good luck

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Be one with the CHIP. He will protect you from the less savory members of the Wrecking Crew. Check out their chapter forum here.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
(Be careful out there in CA...when I was at Elsinore I saw a guy on a Suzuki with a yellow Ranger and wearing a pink tutu!!)

Gomer. Hey! That was you, ya nitwit. :coocoo: And I've got the photo to prove it. :yikes: ;)

Welcome Rey. Like Tony said, be one with the Chippie. He carries the golden pass. Keeps us out of trouble. :cool: Well, most of us anyway. :p

We have many rides throughout the year. Watch the So Cal forum for the next one.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom