SAPPER

Nov 30, 2008
Sup'
Well I found this site searching google on kx 100 big bores. Looks like an awesome site. I happen to find an old,old thread on the subject.

My son started racing this year on a kx100 and due to the cc's and him not wanting to drop back to an 85, he has to move into supermini. He's 13, 4 yrs on quads and this past year was his first on a bike. Yea...straight to a smoker 100. The powerband about killed him the first lap around the yard as he did a nice 60' front wheel stoppy into the neighbors driveway. But he got the hang of it quickly and the track we race at allowed him to run beginner mini this year. He did very well considering a few crashes and a trip or 2 to the local ER. But he practices on a friends track 3-5 times a week. I found and bought a 112 big bore cylinder and head on ebay and waiting for it to arrive so I can see what else I'll need. It's brand new and was a guys extra. But I'll post a thread in that forum for more info. Luckily for him, my mechanical skills are extremely high and I'm an absolute perfectionist and my wife hates it. But it pays off. A good set of micrometers, clean oils and filters does wonders

Now my 8 y/o daughter is into it and she has 3 yrs on quads and learning the bike basics on a TTR-90. Now she's ready for the 50 Sr. Next year will be her last year in the 50's so I might as well take advantage of it for her to learn. Then it's into the world of the clutch. She's too short for any 65 so she'll have to wait.

We're in Ky right now, I'm military and getting ready to retire early next yr so I'm not sure if I'm staying here or moving away...far away.

But off I go to search out this BB kit.

Yes I'm rambling on. I'm on a 24 hour duty and there's nothing else to do.

Later
SAPPER

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
SAPPER said:
The powerband about killed him the first lap around the yard as he did a nice 60' front wheel stoppy into the neighbors driveway.
SAPPER

I know the feeling :bang:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to DRN.

Check out the Kentuckiana Chapter forum for opportunities to get out and meet some fellow DRNers. Kick some butt in there and get some folks out riding.

Thanks for your service!

SAPPER

Nov 30, 2008
Tony Eeds said:
Welcome to DRN.

Kick some butt in there and get some folks out riding.

Thanks for your service!

You're more than welcome. Thanks for your support.

As for Kentuckiana. Man theres a big battle on a local forum now over the Bluegrass series. I'm not about to get into that one. I just take my kids where ever they want to race.

Top Bottom