New Pair Of Boots

yamy400

Uhhh...
Nov 26, 2001
I was looking to get a new pair of boots i was thinking about alpinestars tech 6s
Are they good boots?any good-bad experiences?
Also i dont have a chance to check the fit first my local shop doesnt have them
i wear a size 11 in tennis shoes so what size will i need in motocross boots?thanks

One Dollar

Mar 15, 2001
I just got some Tech-8's. AlpineStar boots should be one size bigger than you wear in normal shoes according to the salesman.

I wear a size 11 also and got size 12 in my Tech-8's. They fit great. Almost too comfortable for a riding boot. :D

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I have a set of Tech 8's. They wore through the sole on the first ride with stock unsharpened pegs. AS replaced the soles. Good CS, bad soles.

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
I have a pair of Tech 6s that are for sale on the parts forum right now. They are great boots and wouldn't be selling except my wife bought me a pair of Tech 8s. They do need to be 1 size larger than your street shoe though.

Mike

Antman

Dec 17, 2001
I have tech 6's They are very comfortable. My main beef with 6's and 8's is that the top of the left boot wears through the carbon fiber looking material from upshifting. All they would have to do is put a patch of leather there. Also, ankle protection is marginal. Other than that they are great.
Ant..

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by mkimbro1
They do need to be 1 size larger than your street shoe though.

Mike

that's odd. i've been wearing alpinestars/high points since the mid-80's and i always buy 1/2 size smaller than my street shoe.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…