New parts have arrived!

Regardful

May 29, 2005
Just received a whole bunch of new parts I ordered for the KDX 200. I decided to first start out with tires, chain, sprockets, air filter and brakes. After I install these, and get a feel for the bike, I'll start thinking about performance parts, and even eventually replace the plastic.

Although I still ride my KTM 250SX hard, it takes its toll on me very quickly and I find myself much more cautious on the track than I used to be. Given that I am getting on in years, mid fourties, I'm realy looking forward to riding the KDX. Everything I have read here indicates that it is a extremely versatile and capable bike. I should have all the parts on by the weekend, and already have an all day "woods" ride scheduled with some buddies on Saturday.

sether

Aug 24, 2004

You'll love it. I was in the same boat as you. :aj:

Regardful

May 29, 2005
Almost there!

sether said:
You'll love it. I was in the same boat as you. :aj:

Got all the parts on this evening. Unfortunately I must have pinched a whole in the new tube when putting on the rear tire :bang: Looks like I'll have to get another tube! :(

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Regardful said:
Got all the parts on this evening. Unfortunately I must have pinched a whole in the new tube when putting on the rear tire :bang: Looks like I'll have to get another tube! :(

:laugh: :nener:
Many years ago, while replacing the water pump in a '76 Camaro, I managed to punch a hole in the radiator... :bang:

StrokesX2

Mar 2, 2005
Got all the parts on this evening. Unfortunately I must have pinched a whole in the new tube when putting on the rear tire Looks like I'll have to get another tube!

I just did that last weekend myself. At least I don't feel quite so stupid now.

May 26, 2005
I haven't change a tire on a dirt bike in many many years till last week when I replaced the front tire. I didn't pinch the tube :nener:

KDXWORM

Mar 27, 2003
I started with the plastics I thought I'll just get an MX rear Fender and that will be cool. But then I had to buy a matching black front fender and number plate. Then I thought :think: I would like a new pipe and silencer and springs.......... long story short its worth every penny and every "conversation" :blah: with the wife over parts.

kawikdx250

Nov 25, 2004
Just got a whole wack of parts for mine also, over $500 worth in small stuff, sprockets, grips, chain ect.. Felt like christmas :) Came with the order, a Michelin Heavy-Duty tube, was like putting a tire inside of a tire. What a bitchy job puting on a tire by hand. :bang: Took over an hour of dropping the tire bar and swearing. Found out if you lock the tire down with the rim lock, it will hold the tire when you work it from the other side. Otherwise, the tire comes off as you are trying to put it on. The things you learn.....

Regardful

May 29, 2005

I've mounted many tires, on various bikes, over the years and this is only the second time this has happened. I generally do have one simple rule that I go by when changing the tires though, I make sure that the wife and kids aren't around to hear me use highly offensive language. :laugh:

I will try your suggestion and see how it works. :nod:

Regardful

May 29, 2005

I can relate 100%! I haven't even ridden the bike yet and I'm already looking at a Pro Circuit pipe and 38kg springs. My wife simply attributes it to the fact that I've lost my mind :coocoo: She is very understanding though, and says if it keeps me young at heart she won't complain to loudly. ;)

May 26, 2005
Damn I got lucky doing the front and it wasn't too much trouble getting it mounted.

kawikdx250 I completly forgot that old trick for mounting the tire. Thanks for reminding me when I change the back

Jan 16, 2005
Glad I'm not the only one who gets excited about new parts for the KDX, I feel like a kid at Christmas when I know I'm driving home from work and expect to see that box waiting for me. I can decipher the sound difference between a UPS truck from others when I hear that rumbling coming through the neighborhood. ( A little pathetic I know)

I just put on new Pro Tapers, bar mounts (MX Bonz). ASV levers and got a new PC pipe and V-force reed cage waiting for me to pick up. Meanwhile my truck needs new tires, catalytic converter and and some soap and water wouldn't hurt.

As far as tire changes, I noticed a flat this morning on my gf's TTR125 and plan on riding tomorrow.
I figured I'd just drop the wheel off at the local Yamaha dealer on the way to work. I picked it up on my way home. One tube and labor. $67.00! The bill said .75 hour labor. If a mechanic in a dealarship takes 45 minutes to replace a tube, I could only imagine what valve job or piston replacement would cost. Never again.

TriniG

Feb 5, 2002
Changing your tire because you pinched your tube? So um, what's wrong with a tire patch? How we take things for granted in 1st World countries. Wow. Where I live, an inner tube is an expensive and difficult commodity to get. Generally, we have to import what we need from USA ourselves. I'll patch tires as much as needed until I change a tire, then I'll put a new tube in.

Back in my younger days in the early 80s I had a Yamaha IT175. Saturday mornings I would change out my tires to Knobbies to go trail riding and Sunday Nights change them back to Street-trail to go to school. On race weekends, I used to strip the top end down and change the block to a spare I had just for racing. Sheesh!! Wouldn't dream of doing all that work now.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…