Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
:ohmy: OK, so Otay is out, Wildomar is in. I know it's ridiculously short notice, but if anyone is interested in riding tomorrow, FNG, some other person named Kyle, and I will be heading for Wildomar. It's pretty easy to get to (I hope): 15 to 74 West, L on Killen Train, 9 miles to OHV area. Maybe I'll see ya!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I went to Wildomar several years back, just to check it out. When I finally found it, there was a sign that said "Forsetry Adventure Pass required" :yikes: My bike didn't leave the trailer that day.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
you can buy one when you get to the staging area, there's a box to deposit the 5 clams and you take the receipt portion, pretty self explanitory. And yes, they do come around and check, worth the 5 spot to avoid a ticket, helps take care of that extremely large area to ride, lol. it's a fun spot, be careful of the crazies that drive their jeeps up there. ;)

Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004

I had a really good time at Wildomar this morning. We got there early enough that we didn't run into any jeeps (literally!). It was so empty, which was great, since many of the trails are a foot wide at best. I was pretty scared and intimidated, never having ridden trails like that, but I must commend myself I did pretty well, all things considered! It really forced me to get to know my bike better - the brakes, clutch, power - so that was outstanding. Plus, I had a great support group - FNG and Tybalt were encouraging and supportive, even when I landed my bike in a ditch and couldn't get it out... tee hee. It's BEAUTIFUL up there - so serene and what a view! I hope to go back again to get some more practice. :cool:

fng2moto

Oct 8, 2004
Yep, Wildomar was cool. Had a good time. I was very impressed with Tinks riding :cool: Those big ruts along with steep hills are a pain in the arsh :) but she did it.

All 3 of us fell over at one time or another :eek:

I'd post a pic but this site wont let me like the others do (no offense moderator guys) Next time we gotta bring a pic a nic lunch though :cool:

Very seldom got out of 1st gear but 1st gear 1/2 to 3/4 throttle on a 250 when the trail is wyndy and rutted and 2 feet wide is plenty fast.

Top Bottom