MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
I am looking for new headlight and taillight for a 1985 KDX200 I am trying to resurrect. UFO seems to have good prices from MX South. But how do the colors match and how is the quality? Does anyone have experience with Acerbis or Maier replacements?

I am also about to buy some MSR World Tour boots. Has anyone had any problems with them?

Thanks for your time,
Mark

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
I'm not sure about the plastic but I would recommend spending a LITTLE more money and get the MSR System X boots. They are a quality boot at an affordable price. They're made by Alpinestars for MSR. I love mine. Very comfortable and virtually no break in time. I have seen them for less than 150 dollars online. I can't rember if it was a Bob's Cycle Supply or Chaparral or somewhere else. Anyway, check all the online shops. Good luck.

Later,
Chuck

AndyD

Nov 26, 2002
Hi MX,

Were the plastics universal or direct replacements for the '85 parts. I'm rebuilding a '86 bike and can only get genuine headlight & rear fender in the UK. So I've used a Polisport rear and had to get genuine parts to repair the front headlight (lens & bulb holder). The front fender is UFO and all are good quality. As good as the OEM stuff.

Cheers,
Andy

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
MSR World Tour boots (BAD) I bought a pair and returned them... they look nice but quality is for CR@P! Each boot looked like they were made on opposite sides of the world. I ended up buying Alpinestars M-4s. They have a better ATV sole and much higher quality for $20 more. My2cents. :)

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I too have the M-4's, they were cheap at $150, but are very nice quality at that price. Didnt take long to break in and work fine. Definitaley recommend them.

DirtRyder02

Mod Ban
Jul 18, 2002
ufo makes great plastics, i got a front fender from them and it worked, looked, matched perfect. they are a little bit more espensive but the quality was awsome.....

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
I think the A-star M4's are basically the same boot as the MSR system X. The system x has the A-star logo all up and down the straps and on the sole. I beleive the MSR World Tours are made in China. The system x is Italian made.

Chuck

AndyD

Nov 26, 2002
Hi Jason,

Got a URL for the site where you got the parts from ? The universal plastics I've got look OK and the colours arn't a bad match for the origional tank either. The origional lens & bulb holder are FUBAR and when I went to order them it was gonna cost me about twice that of a UFO headlight assy, so got one of them now. Also the 6V bulb that was fitted as origional is a real weird type and I've only been able to find that as an OEM part, so will stick with the UFO one. Will upload a few new pics once I get my respoked & rimmed wheels back next week.

Cheers,
Andy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom