05KX125

Nov 5, 2005
Hey all. Just finished the break in on my KX. So as instructed by the dealer, i changed the crankcase oil, and swapped the plug. but first let me backtrack, Now when i picked the bike up, he said that there was a rich mixture in the tank to help the piston and rings break in an all. He said not to let it run outta gas but run it down and then start using the 32:1 mix. Well i got the tank down to about 1/4 or less and topped her off with 32:1. At the end of that first day of ridin, i performed the maintenence stated above. The plug i put in was the ngk BR9EIX, supposedley the best plug for the bike. So today i take her out again, Toppin off the tank at 32:1 and she ran good for about an hour, then the plug fouled. I swapped it with another, and she ran for about another ten mins and flodded again. I took the bike home and then started her up at the house and she fired right up. I diddnt notice any excessive oil comming out of the tailpipe anymore. Could that remaining rich gas cause the new plug to foul, Should i drain the tank and run a slightly leaner mix? Sorry for the rambling, but im no expert, and id hate to get banged at the dealer for repairs, and ideas? Thanks!

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Well, I am not an expert, but I do have alot of mechanical knowledge, and I would say that 1/4 from a full tank isnt really what the mech said, so I would stock up on plugs until that mixture is gone, or lean it out a bit on your air screw, but I would ask the mech first...
Bleeds

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I ran these jetting spec's in my '04 which nearly the same as your '05 one leaner on the pilot (I forget what size stock is now #40?) anyways go down to the next size leaner I think it is the #40 change the needle position the the stock 3rd clip in the middle move it up one to position #2 adjust the air screw to 1.5 turns out oh yea and drop the main to a #400 !! Plug fouling will go away the last plug in my KX has 65 hrs on it.

Top Bottom