New reed questions...

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Hey all, long time no see. Anyway, I just picked up some Boysen ProSeries dual stage reeds in the hopes that they'd pick up the bottom end a lil quicker. My questions are:
1.) Do you keep the reed stops in or not when you put in the new reeds?
2.) What're the chances I'll have to re-jet?

Thanks guys.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
1. The instructions usually say what to do with the reeds stops.
2. You will probably have to lean out your pilot some (1-2 Sizes) and maybe your main if necessary.

VB Racing

~SPONSOR~
Jan 26, 2004
I run the same reeds in my 01 KX, You lose the reed stops, and I jetted down 1 jet size. Hope this helps!! (BY the way, those reeds kick butt in my KX, Ive used them for years now.)

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Cool, thanks guys. Got 'em in and no problems. Actually, nothing but pluses. They did what I wanted 'em to do, which is to pick up more off the bottom. I really like 'em so far. Didn't detect any burbles in any part of the powerband. Will keep an eye out though.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I have the Pro Series in my KX, the main jet seemed to be about the same but I did need to lean the pilot circuit some. Unfortunately, I did not find any gain in the low end with these reeds. Mid to top is great though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…