new rider in the salt lake city area

blazen

Jan 31, 2003
looking for some good trail riding, hangin up the snowboard and unleashing my bike. any reccomendations will be greatly appreciated since i am new to the area and bummin about the lack of snow.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Grab the snowboard and put the bike away for at least a week. :) I was starting to think we weren't going to have a winter.

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
I'm new to the SLC area as well (moved here last August). Five Mile Pass outside of Lehi offers some okay trailriding, although I'm sure there's probably snow there now. We're having to go south for our riding now - just went to Vegas last weekend. I understand St. George has a lot of good areas but I haven't explored them yet.

Sir Thumper: We've never ridden in Idaho. Where are some good areas?

blazen

Jan 31, 2003
finally, snow! ye haaa! how was vegas ken? im thinking about heading south after i get my fill of snow, here in park city. thanks for the info-alex

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
All of the southern hills north of the border of Utah offer great riding. Right now you will have to go to places like Hagerman, and Paradise (Glens Ferry). They both offer great riding, steep hill climbs, sand washes, plenty of room to roam. Hagerman is bout 3 1/2 hrs from SLC add another hour to Paradise. If you decide to make the trip sometime, I could give further directions.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Here is a good link for UT trails : http://utahatvtrails.com/

The guy is a 4-wheeler, but the trail info is good. Also, you can call 1-800-OHV-RIDE for updated info.

If you want an MX track, there is one in Tooele that is open and also Delta is open right now. The North Salt Lake track will open in the spring. Ogden has a track, but you have to be a member, it's open now too.

The Dunes are very popular right now, as well as Cainville.

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
Blazen: You're in Park City too? Have you discovered the small track by the old dump? About 8" of snow on it now, but it's fun during the summer.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…