Gumba

Jun 4, 2007
I am 16 years old and want to do some trail riding but i will also probably be agressive with the bike but nothing crazy :)

1) physical size: 6"0 about 150 lb.
2) How physical / aggressive are you: Like to push myself till i almost lose it :D
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends: with Friends in some woods, tracks, mountains, anywhere i can get movin.
4) Do you have any riding experience? very little
5) Do you think you will race ? not competitively
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? i kno people in places
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? whats the big difference? i prefer 2-stroke cause they sound cool but 2 or 4 dont matter.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Lots of Dealers by my house or close enough, so alot to choose from.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? $0-4500
10) Do you live in California? nope
11) Your age? 16
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion? What brand riding gear is recomended? whatever fits comfertably or is there somthing i should b lookin for?

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
There is a big difference betwnn a 4 stroke, and 2 stroke. More than sound. A 2-stroke you have to geep the RPM's up, on the throttle, not that much bottom end. But it gets the job done, and it is lighter. And less maintenence. A 4-stoke is a wider powerband (more controlable power) MORE bottom end, and it is heavier. But there is alot more maintenance.(to name some differences)

I would say a KDX200 or 220 2-stroke trail bike. Great for trails, and can be ridden on the track, and is almost like a 4 stroke. Good power, all around a good bike. If you didnt like that then a 125 2-stroke, or 250 4stroke.

Jan 3, 2007
Moparman1539, it all depends on what kinds of 2 strokes and 4 strokes. An older air-cooled 4 stroke is less matince then say a 250 liquided cooled 2 stroke unless its a KDX.

Gumba, for starter bikes i would say a KDX220, or 200 for a 2 stroke. A Honda XR250, 400, Yamaha TTR250, Suzuki DRZ250, or Kawaski KLX300 4 stroke.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom