jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Just thought I would pass this on in case anyone else runs across it. My wife got a letter in the mail today. It contained a check for $2962.30 and a letter from "Global Processing Group" identifying her as the winner of $50,000. Legitimate looking until you get to the third paragraph which reads "enclosed is a check of $2962.30 USD, payable to you and MUST be deposited into your bank account only to pay for your processing fees and international taxes...". Seems the GPG is located in St Thomas, Virgin Islands. Oh yeah, the bank is located in Roselle, Illinois. Did I mention the envelope didn't have a return address? Only
"060920 20:42 H4T 1A0 056
De Partout jusqu'a vous
From anwhere to anyone" and a stamp from Canada?

Well, the first thing that came to mind when I saw it was that motorcycle scam that's been going around. You know, here's a check for $5000 for a $2000 bike, please send us the remaining $3000? Well, I got on the internet and found this website: http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1984&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Fortunately, I wasn't that naive. Keep your eyes open and watch out for your family/friends!

mg89

Mar 11, 2006
When I was trying to sell my bike online, some guy from new york sent me an email that said he wanted to buy it, In the email it said he had a customer in washington who would send me a check for $5000 and I would have to send him back $3000. I don't know who the customer the customer in washington was or iff the guy who sent me the email had some sort of business but I didn't buy into it for a second, I emailed him and told him to F!(*K OFF!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Like in most cases...if it's too good to be true, then it probably is. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom