buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Jeremy, I checked out Race Tech for sh@ts & giggles for my fork & shock set-up. At the moment, I'm mostly concerned about the springs only. Anyway, for me, they prescribed .473 prog.'s in the front and a 5.52 prog. in the rear. (I'm 6', 250# beginner, ride mostly woods/trails). My concerns are that I haven't found any fork springs that go above .46 and shock springs are either 5.4 of 5.6. I checked my manual, and it looks fairly easy(straight-forward) to swap them out. I'd appreciate any suggestions that you can throw my way on any of the above questions. Thank you.

(I tried your site first, but your spring rate calc. wasn't up yet.):(

robmann

Dec 30, 2000
go with the .46 astraigt rate I would not recommend prog. springs to soft initially then get to stiff and oil ht set at 105mm .48 and .50 are available from most tuners they just may not have them listed.
and a 5.6 RR with 102mm of sag

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Buff,
I'd go with the .48's and a 5.6 in the back. Oil 100mm and 95-100 of sag. Wait till you see our new website! We've been devloping it for about 8 mounths...
Regards,
Jer

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Jer, do you concur w/Rob's recomendation about the straight rates over the prog.'s? When's the site going to be done? I'd rather deal w/someone that I've at least had some contact with.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Buff,
I'd agree with ROB 100% on that particular aspect! We are aiming for early July.. It's a monster of a site, an industry first, and hope everyone thnks it is as cool as I think it is. We are beta testing aspects of it now and working on the data bases... I'm out at MT. Morris till Monday..
Jer

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Cool, thanks Jer. I'm sure if I'm going to wait till July to get things going, so I'll just call for the springs and keep an eye out on the site. Thanks again.

PS - About the oil, keep the stock wt.(5), or use 7 or maybe even 10?

Last edited:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Buffmaster,make sure after you put your fork springs in that you have the nut that sits on the spring guide almost touching the spring guide,before you tighten the fork caps aginst it.Believe it or not, it will back off if that nut is too high(or too far away from the spring guide)

Top Bottom