danmotorider

Dec 17, 2002
I have a 98 YZ 125 and I am pretty hard on the shocks. I find myself bottoming out a lot and I wanna kno if that is really bad for the frame and if it is worth spending the $$$ on new forks. How much would a good fork cost and is it worth it. I ride recreational but I want the good suspension. I recently replaced the oil and topped it off. That helped a bit but not enough.

RemeberMe

Jun 26, 2001
How much do you weight? When was the last time you serviced your suspension? Neglect can have a very negative effect on suspension components.

billtx

~SPONSOR~
Dec 22, 2002
I have a 99 YZ125. I recently upgraded my suspension. It was certainly worth it. I think the bike is set up for around a 160lb rider. If you are a lot heavier you will need springs. Mine also bottomed a lot with leaky seals etc. It is a different bike with the new suspension. There are lots of suspension places aroujnd that can help you. Good luck..

A-RustyDemon

~SPONSOR~
Dec 9, 2002
Originally posted by danmotorider
I recently replaced the oil and topped it off. That helped a bit but not enough.
What do you mean by you topped it off? :nono: You are aware that there is suppose to be a air space in the forks... Right. And what weight of oil did you use.. sometimes a simple weight change with the correct oil height can make a big change in the way the forks respond. ;)

Top Bottom