New Suzuki off-road to compete with KLX?

jps2194

Aug 7, 2006
Has anyone heard if and WHEN a new Suzuki off-road motorcycle will be released that competes with KLX, WR and CRF X 450? I've found a few things on the web and even a picture of a 250, but I cannot find any details. I'm about to buy a KLX, but have always been a Suzuki guy. :bang:

Pictures...
http://www.suzuki-download.ch/K5/Z-RM-Z450K5/

Article on Dirt Rider.com (2nd paragraph 3rd sentence) "And holding your breath only a little longer will yield a new Suzuki and BMW on the market, as well as a rumored Buell"

http://www.dirtrider.com/tests/offroad/141_0708_2007_450_off_road_comparison/index.html

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
some of the two-stroke luddites think that two strokes are better in the woods than 4-strokes.

I think the same thing about 2-stroke guys as Jeff Spiccoli thinks about Mark "Cutback" Davis and Bob "Jungle Death" Gerard:

"those guys are fags!"

kx__ken

Mar 10, 2006
Other people think that a 4 stroke bike (with twice the displacement) is fair competition against a 2 stroke.

I think those guys are fags.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The beauty of an opinion is that it isn't hindered by those pesky facts, although it is usually more respected if facts are presented to back it up.

Four strokes are better because they are easier to ride, and even a beginner can ride them fast.

Two strokes are better because they are cheaper to own, and require the rider to actually learn how to ride before that rider can be considered fast.

Comparing stroke counts is like asking whether Coke tastes better than Pepsi. Everybody can give you an opinion, but that opinion is easily swayed by the respondent's peers.

I love you too, well, maybe not, but have a nice day;)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Message heard: "2-stroke riders are fags, AND I love them."
creepy

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
some of the two-stroke luddites think that two strokes are better in the woods than 4-strokes.

I think the same thing about 2-stroke guys as Jeff Spiccoli thinks about Mark "Cutback" Davis and Bob "Jungle Death" Gerard:

"those guys are fags!"

"JEFF, JEFF, your gonna be late again."

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I think Jeff inhaled.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I read somewhere :think: that GNCC-Team Suzuki will be going to all RMZ250's next year. No more RM. Wonder how that's going to fly with the 3 hour mud and sand bogs. Job security for the mechanics I guess. :p

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
it's funny because alot of our off road riders around here have all gone back to 2 smokes. Likely team could come up with a plan on how to seperate the gas cans. :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Pffffft, Hillary. Hillarious. Hilldiculous. The woman is a push over, she let her president hubby get away with the Monica thing, she aint touchin my 2T or anywhere I ride. Not to mention the odds of her getting in are not too hot. :boss:

zig06

Oct 4, 2007
Ok, beyond the nightmare of "Hill n Bill in office" (take 2)...

I have heard that Suzuki is in fact working on an off-road 450 based on the RMZ-450. This rumor is gaining momentum based on the fact that the off-road only DRZ-400e is no longer available. Thus, a new off road 450 will be filling in a spot in the line up. Also, rumors persist that Gary Jones among others, have been actually testing a off road 450 for Suzuki. PLUS, they really need to get in there because basically everyone else that makes a 450 has a bike in that segment.

So yes, one is comming. But there's nothing to confirm when it'll actually show up. My guess is that it'll show up in the spring as a 2009 model. I'm going to the International Cycle Show in January (Novi Michigan), you can bet that I will be strong arming the Suzuki booth looking for answers (and taking prisoners if need be...).

As far as off road racing goes. Not that long ago, ALL of the teams raced 2 strokes in the GNCC's because none of the pro's were actually faster with the 450's, even with their 200cc advantage. Now that they are mostly no longer importing them, most teams are running the thumpers.

Suzuki will be running both the RMZ-250 in the lites division (yes, they do have one for off road now), as well as the 450. Hard to say if you'll see the RM-250.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Yup, just ignore Pred, he is a big 4 Stroke pansy :laugh:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
wardy said:
it's funny because alot of our off road riders around here have all gone back to 2 smokes.
Five of us went gnarly-trail riding yesterday. All five of us were at least once on a 4t.....four of us are now on 2t's. Much easier when lifting bikes over tornado-downed trees. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Five of us went gnarly-trail riding yesterday. All five of us were at least once on a 4t.....four of us are now on 2t's. Much easier when lifting bikes over tornado-downed trees. :)
so only one of you is not a girly-man?

maybe you guys need these guys to PUMP *clap* you up!

hans_franz.jpg

Last edited:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
XRpredator said:
so only one of you is not a girly-man?
Ha! (can't see pic though)
The four of us 2t riders were actually moving at the fastest clip. The one on the 4t must feel rather humiliated for not keeping up with us "girls." ;)
*You know the economy is slow when all five of us go riding on a Wednesday. Four contractors, one real estate banker.
What was this original thread?

wileyE

Jul 6, 2003
If suzuki was smart they'd do a niche market 350 woods bike and price it like a 250. They'd sell a bunch.

2t vs 4t? the trend around here is buy a new 4t, love it until it blows up or needs rebuild, then dump it and go back to a 2t.

Top Bottom