Aug 29, 2007
hi everyone, i just bought a 99 suzuki rm 125 and just starting to get into dirt bikes. it has a few issues like the clutch :blah: and some brake adjustments but it still fires up cold with one kick. Anyways i hope to learn a lot from this forum in riding and maintaining my new bike

-ben

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Welcome to DirtRider Ben. Someone will be along shortly to greet you properly, but untill then, read on! YZ165

Aug 29, 2007
thanks guys, just fouled my first plug tonight :think: at least i hope that is what it is cause when i pulled it out it was all black and full of oil, but after cleaning it off a bit i could still get some spark out of it by putting it next to the engine block and kick starting it. should it do that if its fouled??

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
just put in a new plug, I go to pepboys and buy their NGK BR8ES plugs, about $20 for 10. Cant beat the price. Oh and welcome to the forums

Aug 29, 2007
ok so now i cant get it started at all. I put in a new plug and tried kicking it and nothing happened. Pulled out the new plug and it was all oily with maybe like 10 kicks on the bike. Is this a jetting issue or is my top end bad. either way i am going to take this bike apart as soon as my manual comes in, however i would like to ride it before then :(

Aug 29, 2007
haha just realized that i was just out of gas. Im tarded :bang: oh well at least it was an easy fix.

From reading around this forum a little bit i figured out that 125cc like ~36:1 ratio. I used a little of my buddies 50:1 mix to see if it would work (like half pint of gas). Is this going to do anything bad or am i just paranoid.....

Top Bottom