jonnyriabov

Oct 27, 2005
Hey guys

My names Jonny and im an alcoholic......whoops Wrong forum, anyways im 24 from thunder bay ontario, and I just picked up a 2004 yz 250 and cant wait for it to bust me up good...The last bike I had was when I was 17 so other than riding other guys bikes on occasion, ive had no recent time in the saddle.
I should also mention, this is the first 250 ive ever been on, so this should get pretty interesting......

jonny :cool:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Welcome to DRN Jonny! Pull back on those reins a little bit and get used to your new 250. Don't want you getting "busted" up right off the bat! :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Thunder Bay!! Great place, it has been a while since I have been there, but beautiful for sure.

As Sawblade said, take your time learning your bike and stay safe. Also, check out the Ontario Chapter forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers. Most are around the corner around Toronto, but check them out anyway!

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

jonnyriabov

Oct 27, 2005
Just plan to play on private tracks, pits, and powerlines for now.......Took my new toy out for the first time today, rode at a locals private track all afternoon, I did alot better than I had originally thought I might, Although, as soon as I started riding, I found the brakes to be very touchy, especially on the slippery track conditions, and I was constantly pickin up the front end when I could get traction, after a few laps I started getting pretty comforable with the bike, and was able to avoid those accidental handfulls in the burms.......I started getting a little too comfortable after a while and was hittin the jumps a little fast for my abilitys, 3-4-5 laps with clean landings, and then 6th to fast, too much gas and a quick panic bail rather than trying to level out.....no damage to the bike, just a crease in the rear fender.....I was expecting worse, I ended up with a sore rear end for the rest of the day, well probabally will be with me for a day or so, but just got back on and rode, I absolutly love the bike, its wicked fast and handles great, suspension is set up for my weight and although I respect the bikes power, I am no longer intimidated by the big 249cm3 stamp on the casing. Im going to move my handlebars forward as they do feel unnatural at the moment.....

jonny

Top Bottom