new to forums but I love my kdx in GA

ascauga2

Jun 11, 2005
This is the first time using a forum . I actually have a 1987 kdx 200 that I've had for about 12 years. We started ridind in Abbeville,S.C. and we now ride at Durhamtown located in Crawfordville,Ga It is the best place that I have been riding. There are like 70 miles of trails and 4 motocross tracks. I had to get a new bike I guess because I was bitten buy the new bike bug. I have a good friend that has a 97 kdx220 and I liked it and he happened to find me one . I had told him to start looking and 9days later we were on a road trip to get it . I just love it when your friends help you spend money. anyway I dropped the tank and know have a crack that I'm not sure if it can be fixed inexpensively or it's new tank time.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
ascauga2 said:
I just love it when your friends help you spend money. anyway I dropped the tank and know have a crack that I'm not sure if it can be fixed inexpensively or it's new tank time.

Welcome to the site :cool:

Judging by the above statement, I'm guessing that the tank might be getting brittle from being in the sun. I'm not real sure that you can patch them. You might run a search for a tank in the Parts / Tools forum in the For Sale / Wanted forum. As little as the KDX has changes over the years, I would suspect that a number of different years will fit your '97.

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the Southern Spodes forum for opportunities to hook up with fellow DRNers.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom