New (to me) bike......

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
So I traded the ol' CRF for a DRZ400.....so far I'm lovin' it! :ride: Never thought I'd have so much fun beating around town.....anyway, here's a couple pics now that I've got it cleaned up a bit. Should be a fun project. :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Those are really nice bikes. As long as you don't try and squeeze too much HP or RPM out of them, they can be as reliable as XRs.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I wanted one. I can ride it every day, all week long and not have spend all day Sunday doing maintenance. The plan is to ditch the pea shooter head pipe, BSR carb and up the compression a bit. The top end is really lacking coming off the CRF.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Very nice Joe! A sprocket change will not work for you? What year? How is the feel off road? Wonder what comes apart when you get past, too modded or not as reliable?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Haha, sprockets? The guy went from stock 15/44 to 13/48. :whoa: Flat out top speed was about 65mph when I got it. I went up one out front and need to go up another, first gear is about useless on road. Opening up the airbox and jetting seems to have helped quite a bit but it's still no MX bike.........

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Welcome to dual sport world? The bike is what it is, and that is way past the sprocket changes I envisioned! How far do you want to try making it faster? CRF maintenance schedules, or worse?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Oh hell no, I ride this one too much to have 250f maintenance schedules! Just a bit more squeeze and let it breath a bit deeper will do for me. Honestly, it's an absolute blast to ride around town on and has enough oomph to loft the front end in 3rd gear at 30mph. It's enough to have fun with but come on, it's a toy! What fun would it be if I didn't get to make it better, faster, sexier? ;) I can't wait to go flop it around the MX track.......should be, mmmmm, interesting? :whoa: The plan is to go wednesday with my brother in laws, one is on a KTM530 the other a WR250X with 17inch knobbies. We're a bunch of goons..... :rotfl:

There doesn't seem to be too many dual sporters in town here. We have a huge bike rally goin' on now, the Roar on the Shore, there were over 4,000 bikes in yesterdays official ride into town parade. About 5 of those bikes were dual sports, 1 was my brother in law. There's more of those Can Am Spider things than them.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…