jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Just moved to Havelock, NC (b/t New Bern and Morehead City) from Mississippi and looking for people to ride with! Looks like there are 4 tracks within an hour of the base and I've heard there's trails in the National Forest...if anyone has any info about any good riding in the area, help a brutha' out! It's dang hot but I think I can hack it!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
WOOHOO!!!

Sorry I missed this until now. So did the whole famn damily move or is it a temporary gig?

I wish I could meet you somewhere to ride, but I haven't been able to do any real riding this year (and won't until I get to see the doctor).

...but maybe on the streetbike...

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Yep...pretty much permanent. For the next 3 or 4 years anyway. I rode Sunday for the first time since Feb. Jax mx park had a rider appreciation day (free entry, bbq, burgers and a couple of bands). It's a decent facility, about an hour drive. Haven't been out the gates on my big bike yet, but I've been riding it to work (I'm living on base). I don't start hitting the books hard until 1 August, my days last about an hour right now. If you make it up this way, drop me an email or PM...you can show me around the east coast!

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
jboomer, for a ride in a Harrier, I can let you in on some secret places. Pretty cool job you have there (and much appreciated). You are miles from anywhere out there though. The Nat'l forest areas are called Brown Mountain OHV and Uwharrie Nat'l Forest (Badin Lake), but they are both probably 4-5 hours drive for you. If you go, forget Uwharrie which is near Charlotte and go the extra few miles to Brown because it is worlds better for bike riding. Also, this area is on your side of Raleigh:

http://www.ncmotorsportspark.com/

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I had heard about Brown Mtn and Brushy Mtn, stinks that that's the closest trail riding. I like to alternate between mx and trails, it would be real hard to justify a drive like that for trail riding though. NCMXP looks like a pretty decent track! I'll definitely go out there sometime! Thanks for the heads up!

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
Hey boomer im in JAX well i wll be when i head back in september i ride most around camp lejeune thought but most because i dont know many other tracks around the area that are worth the drive but im deffinatly on the look out for good track around the area

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
There's 4 or 5 tracks within 30 minutes of Jax. I can only vouch for 1 (JMXP)...pretty nice! Don't know where you're coming from, I've seen better and worse. Drop me an email when you get in and we'll hook up sometime!

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
ive only been to JAX and halfmoon.... halfmoon kinda sucks its not a big track and the jumps arent to big either the biggest is like a 40ft double and a 50ft table the double you can pretty much land all but front wheel into the back and be tottaly fine. ive seen MX58 driving buy and it looked alright kinda like halfmoon but then its changed so many times i hear who knows what its like.... Yah Ill deffiantly send you an email when im back

Link to half moon on their theirs other links to other tracks

www.halfmoonmxpark.com

Apr 14, 2005
Add another NC rider to the list! I'm located in Wilmington NC, as a student here at UNCW. My bikes, however, are back home with my parents in Charlotte. I've got a buddy here with garage and a CRF250, he said he'd let me keep my bike in his garage :) So hopefully we can all meet up at JMP sometime!!

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
I've heard in the past and even once recently about a place near Goldsboro called Buckleberries or Buckleberrys (not sure how they spell it). It supposedly has a track, a drag strip, and several hundred acres of more or less 'open to ride' land. Has anyone ridden there, and if so, what is the land like? Any good hills or trails? Do they have a website? Hours / Fees?

Top Bottom