New to site, kind of new to riding, first Hare Scramble 6/14/09

jensea

Jun 2, 2009
Hi! My name is Jen, I am a 28 year old dirt bike rider. Every time my man took me to the Honda shop with him to get parts for his CR I would sit on the scooters. I would say, "I'd like a scooter. Scooters look fun." And although I have been somewhat of a tomboy my whole life, I ruled out dirt bikes after a bare muffler burnt my leg when I was 7. On the 387th trip to the Honda shop Reid (my boyfriend) had me sit on a CRF100 instead of a scooter. We left the shop with the CRF100 that day. I did my first wheelie that night (not intentional:)) And 3 years later, after I had outgrown the 100, we bought the 150. That was last June.

So after a year of riding the CRF150, and the recent (and tragic) closing of Buffalo Range Riding Park, I (we, Reid and I) have decided to give Hare Scrambles a go. We are doing our first race ever (for both of us) on 6/14/09 at Fox Valley Off Road in Wedron, IL.

Reid rides a CR125 and I think the world of him.... so of course I think he is the best rider ever!! He taught me everything about riding and was really patient through out the process (still is!!). He spent a ton of time picking up my bike, getting me un-stuck, and taking my bike through spots I wouldn't take it. But now he makes me do all that. He is still the best mechanic that money can't buy and my number one sponsor! So I have to give him a "shout out." If it weren't for him I would never have gotten on a bike.

That's the long of it. I joined the site to get some input on the Hare Scrambles in the AMA District 17 in Illinois and I have already gotten some great feedback in the Women's forum. The people on this site are really nice and helpful, it seems to be that way in the sport (at least at the parks during open ride days:). Thanks Nikki and Medwaste for the info:)

See you all in the trails!!:)

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
LOL!
that was too funny today..
whats the odds of jensea running into three of us at the picnic table?

and jensea ,congrats on finishing your first HS race!

Top Bottom