burberr23

Mar 22, 2008
1) your physical size (5'9 140 lbs)
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Semi aggressive when comfortable.
3) what do you plan to ride- plan on riding some tracks and trails, not racing.
4) Do you have any riding experience? Only on a sport road bike
5) Do you think you will race ? No
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Pretty mechanically inclined will do most work my self
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Probably a 2 stroke from what I've read. No particular brand choice.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Yes. Honda and Yamaha
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? 3500 used
10) Do you live in California? No
11) Your age? 27
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

Have owned a sport bike before and just interested in getting into the sport. Would say I have ability and know how of a bike but no expert. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

kj_cr250

Jul 21, 2007
If I were in your situation I would buy the newest good condition YZ250 I could afford. My CR250 was my first motorcycle having a few years experience with sport quads. You could start off with a yzf250 or crf250 but you would probably be wanting more power pretty quickly. A CR250 would also be a good choice but in the later models the YZ's seem to edge out the Honda in most categories.

Good luck and welcome to an awesome sport!

Yamajoe250F

Mar 21, 2008
what he said lol , yeah your gonna want more power especially if you are a sport bike rider, i say go with a YZ450F and just dont use all the power while learning, then once you get everything down then open it up.

Enjoy dirt riding its an awesome experience

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom