ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
I remember hearing something a while back that there might be a new MX style track being built off 183 in leander... Well I never thought anything of it until yesterday. I was driving through and noticed off the east side of 183, what looks JUST LIKE a MX long fast MX track under construction. I was w/ a couple of friends and we all kinda just were like, is that what I think it is!!! But theres no signs or anything saying whats being built there if it is even an MX track. So I ran accross this when doing a search. Think I might attend the next city meeting to gather some more infoon it. Looks lke it's a go though.
AGENDA
REGULARLY SCHEDULED CITY COUNCIL MEETING
CITY OF LEANDER, TEXAS
Pat Bryson Municipal Hall ~ 201 North Brushy Street ~ Leander, Texas

Thursday ~ March 16, 2006 at 7:00 pm.

First Reading of Ordinance annexing a 61.72 acre of tract of land, more or less, and a 141.07 acre tract of land, more or less, into the corporate limits of the city, including the abutting roadways and rights of way, at the request of Leander Capital Investments; approving a service plans for the annexed area; making findings of fact; providing a severability clause; and providing an effective date. Both tracts abutting the western city limits and being situated upon the Charles Cochran Survey, Abst. No. 134, in Williamson County, Texas, located on the west side of County Road 279 (also known as N. Bagdad Road) and north of Old 2243 West, including the abutting streets, rights-of-way, and roads. Applicant: Leander Capitol Investments (Texas X Park).

Here is a link to a layout of what the park is supposed to look like. http://www.texasxpark.com/parkmap.htm#
:cool:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
The Austin area is getting pretty populated with tracks. Can they support this new track along with Cross Creek, Del Valley, Ski Ranch and 290 (if it;s still there)? Not too far to S/A either

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think it can Jeff, it looks like a Ski Ranch north type of development. The main reason I see it working is the location, most of the others are east of town.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Patman said:
I think it can Jeff, it looks like a Ski Ranch north type of development. The main reason I see it working is the location, most of the others are east of town.

Exactly... Everything is east. Leander is about an hour away from the nearest track which is dell valley. And from what i've heard the liberty hill track is no longer.. Makes great sense to me to put one there. Perfect location.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
I've been on hiatus for 2 years and I would love to go riding. Just need to pickup a helmet

Citidel

Apr 7, 2004
Can't wait for Teas X Park. I sold my bike before coming to college in Austin 5 yars ago because I was unaware of how many great places there are to ride around here. Didn't take long after finding out for me to get another bike.

Top Bottom