marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
'03 220, DF2 reeds, airbox, FMF Gnarly torque pipe and silencer. Two questions, I just installed a new Weisco piston after about 300 miles for no other reason than the potential breaking problems of the stock one. Do I have to go through the same break in procedures as I did with the new bike? Rings of course are new, but no cylinder of porting was done, just a simple swap.
Second, the bike is running great, but I'm tempted to have the RB carb mod done. Any comments on this mod? Definitely worth it,? Subtle changes? still easy to start.? Anything from those who have the mod. thanks

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Hi marksharp,
My bike has the same mods as yours. When I swapped pistons to a Weisco I just ran it like I normally do. I pulled the head off after running 5 gallons of gas through and checked the top. I also pulled the pipe for a quick look through there. Mine looked fine and I saw no reason to tear it down further. I have since run another 10 gallons through and the bike feels stronger than ever.
Let us know if you go with the RB carb mod and check with TVRider about the latest setup Ron has. He posted here a few days ago, so you may want to search back for his comments. I would be interested in how this works on the 220 since I have only heard of 200 owners getting to carb rework.
P.S. TVRider is from MO as well.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Mark,

I'm interested in getting a Wiseco piston. Could you forward any information on cost or where you got it? And even part numbers?

thanks,

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
I just called up Fredette, told him what I had and what I was doing, he sent me only what I needed, the piston, new rings and a base gasket. I think it was about $115. I believe there are numerous sources for Wiseco pistons, I like to order that type of part from Jeff, you're pretty confident you'll get what you need without anything you don't.

jamin326

~SPONSOR~
Oct 29, 2002
The RB carb mod is actually very popular for the 220's i'm sure a search would show some good info, i have a 99 kdx220 with fmf rev pipe airbox mod, boysen power reeds, weisco piston and the RB carb mod, i bought the bike with the mod so i really can't tell you what it was like before the mod but the guy i bought it from said it gave him more power everywhere and made the bottom end 4 stroke like, said he could chug the bike nicely. i found that the jetting was a little picky but once you got it dialed in hold on, course i also have the rev pipe as opposed to the torque pipe, the torque pipe is great for the 200's but doesn't do much for the 220's, it will give them a gain down low but no noticable gain up top, the rev pipe will give a little bit on bottom and a lot more on top, and i don't have any problems starting it, first or second kick but it's all in the jetting, so in my opinion the RB mod is definetly worth it

Top Bottom