Newbie here but not to OHV

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
Well, after a 26 year leave of abscence from the dirtbike world, I have returned! :nod: After cars, dating, kids, wife (still with me) who was (is) afraid of dirtbikes, I (we) are returning to the sport. For the past 8 years, my oldest and I have been on sportquads having a blast, but due to all of my friends switching to db's and the loss of riding areas, we are switching to dirtbikes. I can hardly wait! Finally, my sons can go to the races and have someone to ride with and will no longer be treated as lepers (sp?). :think: The CPSC just about killed the quad market and 4wd's have done a good job at closing riding areas. :ahhh: Sorry... Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to reading, posting and getting involved with this forum. BTW, I'm picking up my woods 2001 CR250 tomorrow and will be hunting for a KDX200 or 220 for my 15 year old.... when we start cutting the quads loose. As for my 8 year old, I'm not sure. While a 50 is his size (he's a little guy), it won't go where we have been riding and where the LT80 can go now... so I may put him off until he is ready for a 70 or 80. Any comments? Thanks!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Your story mirrors many of us here. In fact I have watched a few go while a member here myself.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…